12 - 3:36    Music City - Nashville, TN
13 - 3:53    Madison Scouts - Madison, WI
14 - 4:10    Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
15 - 4:27    Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA
16 - 4:44    Crossmen - San Antonio, TX
17 - 5:01    Blue Knights - Denver, CO
18 - 5:18    Troopers - Casper, WY
19 - 5:35    Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

20 - 5:52    Intermission - US Old Guard Exhib.

21 - 6:52    Colts - Dubuque, IA
22 - 7:09    The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
23 - 7:26    Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL
24 - 7:43    Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
25 - 8:00    The Cadets - Erie, PA
26 - 8:17    Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
27 - 8:34    Ultimate Drill Book Recognition
28 - 8:42    Special Recognitions
29 - 8:49    Bluecoats - Canton, OH
30 - 9:06    Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC
31 - 9:23    Blue Devils - Concord, CA

32 - 9:40    Open Class Champion Encore - Spartans - Nashua, NH

33 - 9:57    Special Recognitions
34 - 10:22    Troopers Legacy Corps - Casper, WY
35 - 10:52    Age-Out Ceremony
36 - 11:15    Final Scores Announced

• Thanks 8

So to start things off....

Commentary from last night seemd to be that Troopers had a bad run... I reckon they got that out of their system last night and tonight is much better... Good enough to catch Colts and lasso that elusive 90? I reckon so and THAT is my Reliable Rondo prediction for this evening.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Cainan said:

So to start things off....

Commentary from last night seemd to be that Troopers had a bad run... I reckon they got that out of their system last night and tonight is much better... Good enough to catch Colts and lasso that elusive 90? I reckon so and THAT is my Reliable Rondo prediction for this evening.

We'll see. If I remember the recaps correctly, Troopers guard was 16th. That needs to improve for a jump to happen.

I hope everyone has a great run today/tonight!  I’m still holding out hope for a first time  finalist in PC.  The battle for 12th has been really fun to watch - congrats to whichever corps earns that final spot tonight.  Another amazing story I’ve been following is the ascent of Mandarins to elite level.  Can they pull out a top 5?   Regarding the fight for the medals,  three out of the top 4 brought their A games at prelims, who will bring it tonight?  I thought Crown and Bluecoats were extremely clean at prelims, and i was completely in awe of BD.  

I’m looking for Crusaders to bounce back tonight as they had a few issues.    I honestly didn’t enjoy the design choice to kill the whale.   After the show, the whale is laid on top of a prop to be wheeled off of the field.   The performer never breaks character and lays lifeless with a harpoon still inside. She does this while being carted off the field.   I hope during finals that the whale dodges the harpoon and escapes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

I’m looking for Crusaders to bounce back tonight as they had a few issues.    I honestly didn’t enjoy the design choice to kill the whale.   After the show, the whale is laid on top of a prop to be wheeled off of the field.   The performer never breaks character and lays lifeless with a harpoon still inside. She does this while being carted off the field.   I hope during finals that the whale dodges the harpoon and escapes.

Same here.  I was hoping the white whale wouldn't die again last night, but she did.  It was funny when she stayed dead leaving the field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dciguy01 said:

We'll see. If I remember the recaps correctly, Troopers guard was 16th. That needs to improve for a jump to happen.

I don't think think that guard has been given a book to score higher. It is thin for this age of drum corps. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lawdn said:

I don't think think that guard has been given a book to score higher. It is thin for this age of drum corps. 

Id buy that if their execution was significantly higher than the content score... they were 16th is execution as well. Love Troopers... LOVE this show but theres a part of me that sees this year as a wasted opportunity. That visual program as a whole is probably costing them 2-3 points a night. Its the difference of having BK a bit too close for comfort and beating Cavies.

5 minutes ago, Cainan said:

Id buy that if their execution was significantly higher than the content score... they were 16th is execution as well. Love Troopers... LOVE this show but theres a part of me that sees this year as a wasted opportunity. That visual program as a whole is probably costing them 2-3 points a night. Its the difference of having BK a bit too close for comfort and beating Cavies.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Troopers overall seem to have a strong smart staff that has been strategic about giving the MMs better programs to perform. Last year's program was genius visually but this year's program makes clearer that visual captions are where they build going forward. Hoping they get a good course correction in the guard program and VP going forward!