DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

Congrats to Troopers for scoring higher than Cavaliers AND Mandarins in brass tonight! 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

D. Padilla having Phantom’s Color Guard score Cont 9 and Achv 9.4?? Get the F outta here - that’s pure insanity.

What those numbers say is their content is a 9.0 out of a possible 10.0 and their achievement is a 9.4 out of a possible 10.0. Seven corps have a more complex guard book and of all the corps Regiment is performing their guard book 5th best. Totally makes sense to me. If a corps got a 10.0 for achievement and a 9.0 for content, that could also make sense.

Edited by Vuitton

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Congrats to Troopers for scoring higher than Cavaliers AND Mandarins in brass tonight! 

Percussion ranking 8th tonight and brass 7th. Drums were the obvious strength going into the season, and now brass is doing some heavy lifting, too. Really proud of what Lauren and Mary have done with these young performers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Percussion ranking 8th tonight and brass 7th. Drums were the obvious strength going into the season, and now brass is doing some heavy lifting, too. Really proud of what Lauren and Mary have done with these young performers.

If Troopers had a more solid guard, they would be a solid 7th place corps. The guard has improved very much, but its still a weak point in the corps. 

Good job everyone!

I’m hoping Crown can pull back up to 2nd, but if not I still love the music of this show!

• Like 3

To make things more positive, I made myself a Veaux Carre. A New Orleans classic

1 1/2 oz Bourbon or Rye

1 1/2 oz Cognac

1 1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth

3/4 oz Benedictine

3 dashes Angostura Bitters

3 dasges Peychauds Bitters

stir over ice and strain into either coup served up or rocks glass with large cube. Garnish with lemon twist (discarded)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Troopers have been beating cavies constantly in brass .  Very cool 

7 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

To make things more positive, I made myself a Veaux Carre. A New Orleans classic

1 1/2 oz Bourbon or Rye

1 1/2 oz Cognac

1 1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth

3/4 oz Benedictine

3 dashes Angostura Bitters

3 dasges Peychauds Bitters

stir over ice and strain into either coup served up or rocks glass with large cube. Garnish with lemon twist (discarded)

Sounds delicious

2 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Sounds delicious

It is tasty. Its in my top 5 cocktails.