DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

2 minutes ago, lawdn said:

It has been a source of frustration for me this season. Guard has never been a strength for Troopers in last 10 years and visual generally in that time has been their weakness. The staff they have now seems serious about competing and improving and I trust they are building to improve visual. Just not this season. 

Fair. I'd say the visual *program* this year is the most sophisticated in . . . probably ever, and the musicians are performing it to a level I've never seen at Troopers. So they are definitely improving their visual overall, but in order to get ful value out of it they'll need to figure out how to get the guard up the curve. I have faith.

57 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

My initial thoughts:

Crown should have scored higher.

BD jump seems a little too high and should be closer the 2-4. (They are so good!).

Mandarins should be ahead of Cadets.  

HELL YES COLTS 

Blue Stars - Dang, I don’t know if anyone saw them in 11th going into finals.  I don’t know if I see them going up tomorrow.  

AN ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE TOP 12

honestly the spread is because of the flip flopping in captions between 2-4. if Crown were a solid 1st or 2nd across the board, they have a higher score.  but with the sheets bouncing all over with them...and Crown's 6th in percussion, that keeps those 3 tight and pushes BD further out ahead

• Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, bstar82 said:

Troopers guard numbers, OUCH!

well, at worst they can only be 12th tomorrow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Aww they created a Michael Boo memorial scholarship....I teared up a little. 

yeah that got me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric M. Buckman said:

Wait...what??? Ummm, no.  this is good, but not nearly the best top 4 in DCI history.  Must be young. LOL

i think this has passed 1980

2 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

Biggest. Cymbals. Ever. 😂

and played Mag 7 for decades with the Hurricanes in DCA

17 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Fair. I'd say the visual *program* this year is the most sophisticated in . . . probably ever, and the musicians are performing it to a level I've never seen at Troopers. So they are definitely improving their visual overall, but in order to get ful value out of it they'll need to figure out how to get the guard up the curve. I have faith.

Fair. I think they have work to do in all visual caption but their marching drill has usually been solid and other movement aspects probably need technical work. And somehow the actual visual effects are really striking, especially last year.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

honestly the spread is because of the flip flopping in captions between 2-4. if Crown were a solid 1st or 2nd across the board, they have a higher score.  but with the sheets bouncing all over with them...and Crown's 6th in percussion, that keeps those 3 tight and pushes BD further out ahead

I’m thinking if the CrownSaderCoats could team up and use their best score for each Caption, it would be close, but Devils would probably still win.

2 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

Bienvenue à DCI.   The sum is greater than its parts!

When 2 out of the 3 performance parts are in 4th place, it seems messed up that you are nearly 1.5 points ahead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2