Dci fans should be ashamed of themselves

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

You know what? I say we add Audience Reaction to the sheets. 

I mean BD plays to the sheets right? Isn't that one of the top five things most people cry about when it comes to BD?

So since they play to the sheets, BDs staff will acknowledge the addition to the sheets, go out and design a show that you approve of, and will make you throw babies just as far as any corps in the business.

BD stays top two, people will then move on and find something else to complain about BD. 

[fights break out in the stands as people clapping and cheering for BD get whomped at by random people who want to suppress that and then bystanders who feel a lack of clapping is disrespecting the kids join in]

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, platanopower said:

I mean, they designed a show toward what wins and not toward what the audience likes. They made their choice to go for gold instead of be a memorable show! Worth it competitively but at the sacrifice of even being in the top half of shows most want to watch again from finals this year. 

I don't necessarily agree with that. Although BD isn't my cup of tea I have several friends who love BD and find BD to be highly entertaining. A lot of them think I'm crazy for loving Star as much as I do and thinking Star was entertainting. To each their own.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, platanopower said:

I mean, they designed a show toward what wins and not toward what the audience likes. They made their choice to go for gold instead of be a memorable show! Worth it competitively but at the sacrifice of even being in the top half of shows most want to watch again from finals this year. 

BD is the only corps where I can say I go back to each and every one of their shows that they have put out in the past 15 years. 

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

BD is the only corps where I can say I go back to each and every one of their shows that they have put out in the past 15 years. 

I wish I felt the same. 2014 for sure, 2016 oddly enough is one of my favorites. After 2017 I feel like I’ve lost interest. Always impressed by the quality but the design feels repetitive.

10 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I don't necessarily agree with that. Although BD isn't my cup of tea I have several friends who love BD and find BD to be highly entertaining. A lot of them think I'm crazy for loving Star as much as I do and thinking Star was entertainting. To each their own.

Absolutely! I always find myself navigating towards shows that not everyone else loves. Nothing wrong with that though. Best thing about DCI is the insane variety of designs you get each year! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, platanopower said:

Best thing about DCI is the insane variety of designs you get each year! 

Exactly, and we'd lose that if the audience had any input. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

You know what? I say we add Audience Reaction to the sheets. 

I mean BD plays to the sheets right? Isn't that one of the top five things most people cry about when it comes to BD?

So since they play to the sheets, BDs staff will acknowledge the addition to the sheets, go out and design a show that you approve of, and will make you throw babies just as far as any corps in the business.

BD stays top two, people will then move on and find something else to complain about BD. 

100%. Show design will become more fan friendly.

On 8/11/2023 at 9:52 PM, MikeBD said:

BD is putting an amazing product on the field and dang near every corp has gotten a standing ovation except for the blue devils. I’m between the 30s i would say maybe 10 percent stood   

it really was disgusting and people need to grow the eff up.  I root for all corps cause the kids deserve it.  

and yes I am in the stadium 

Ya happy? They got a great standing ovation for finals. Now close this thread. It’s ridiculous! Congrats to all corps!!! 

• Like 1

Just an anecdote from Flo: 

My mother in law was just like "wow!"  She was flabbergasted by BD and didn't really have a response.  She had to process it all, so that may explain the reaction. 

The other adults in the room were just like, that was amazing, but I don't get it.  My wife explained the French artist and the cut-outs and then they said, "oooohhh! Well that was amazing. "

So, all of this going on in the stands may be the reason why there was such a delayed response. BD shows are spectacles of art. 2005 Cadets got the same kind of applause all throughout the early season.  I get the frustration with the lack of standing Os, but sometimes those quiet reactions are earned in a good way! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TenHut said:

100%. Show design will become more fan friendly.

Lol BD joins SoundSport 😄