2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Hope this makes sense. Probably not a good idea to create this late at night while tired, 😂 

Screen-Shot-2023-08-30-at-1-09-46-PM.png

Edited by Jeffe77
updated image
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

At first BAC 5th in percussion gave me pause but honestly — those scores overall are pretty stingy! 1st place Cavies got a score (19.60) that’s the same value as 4th place in the Brass category. Tough judge I appreciate that. 

42 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

To wind down I will be having a rum old fashioned made with Smith and Cross Navy Proof rum

Navy proof.. ha! No such thing! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NavyCrusader1 said:

Navy proof.. ha! No such thing! 

There is no proof strong enough for a tried and true sailor. Thank you for your service. 

5 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

At first BAC 5th in percussion gave me pause but honestly — those scores overall are pretty stingy! 1st place Cavies got a score (19.60) that’s the same value as 4th place in the Brass category. Tough judge I appreciate that. 

BAC had a tough book. I think the judge was right on tonight. I love that Crown was 3rd because they use so much space in their battery book. BD even was ok in 2nd because they had some tough riffs. I think their snare feature was the hardest in DCI this year. 

• Like 2

Just now, ContraFart said:

BAC had a tough book. I think the judge was right on tonight. I love that Crown was 3rd because they use so much space in their battery book. BD even was ok in 2nd because they had some tough riffs. I think their snare feature was the hardest in DCI this year. 

Ya i loved BAC’s book this year. And Crown’s. I have affection for BD’s too but it’s more that I’m extremely impressed by it — the others are musical in a way that I love. And Cavies had that old Cavies energy — I love swagger, I’m glad they won. 

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

CONGRATULATIONS BLUUUUUUUUUE SMOKE!!!!!!!!

images.png

Hey, Fizzle!  It’s your turn to start the BD 24 thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Ya i loved BAC’s book this year. And Crown’s. I have affection for BD’s too but it’s more that I’m extremely impressed by it — the others are musical in a way that I love. And Cavies had that old Cavies energy — I love swagger, I’m glad they won. 

I loved Cavies drums this year. They had the best tenor line in DCI and they just never missed. 

BAC, I think had the hardest overall book. They had to go from triples to quads and sometimes they just lost the clarity. But to play that book with that drill was feat to behold. 

BD had moments of greatness. I would have loved more complexity from their front ensemble, but I think there was intention to making the guitar and drum set the primary focus there. 

Bluecoats had such a groove and I thought they could be a dark horse. 

Crown impressed me with their arrangements and how they used space so well. I think they were the most musical line. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I posted this, which shows the ups and downs of everyone 2nd-6th.

21 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Hope this makes sense. Probably not a good idea to create this late at night while tired, 😂 

365771840_10160670349303685_147460950427

• Like 2