Way Too Early DCI 2024 Discussion

It's no longer a question of whether Colts make finals in 2024. It's just a matter of where they place. I believe even with SCV back in the mix that Colts will go up another spot to 8th. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dciguy01 said:

It's no longer a question of whether Colts make finals in 2024. It's just a matter of where they place. I believe even with SCV back in the mix that Colts will go up another spot to 8th. 

We’ll see. One thing that 2023 made clear is that to move up one place in the rankings you have to be like 5x better than last season.  

That said, Colts future is bright.  Financially stable.  No drama w/r/t administration.  Solid design team.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, geluf said:

There's never any reason to assume BD won't win a season until literally the final day of that season proves otherwise.  Does Vegas take those bets?

I mean I think it's the safest bet in the world.

9 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

judges will like the blue stars show and not hate it like this year.

I don't think they hated it. I've been a big fan of this show all year but lately I've been able to see it's flaws. Namely, as soon as the whole corps is in all green unis the show is heaps better. That's a problem. The props were a problem. But, I think most of all the content was just too much for the corps to handle as well.

I've said this before, but in 2014 Mason told me sometimes a corps has to drop in the rankings to move to the next level. Madison dropped from 9th (with a legit shot at 7th) to 11th, then bounced up to 8th. Blue Stars dropped from 7th to 11th. I'm not worried about their future.

10 hours ago, ediblewaffles said:

DCI makes a new season type: Drums of the 90s

Everyone has a redo of a show from the 1990s. The Velvet Knights, Sky Ryders, Star Of Indiana, Dutch Boy, Freelancers, Glassmen, and Magic Of Orlando return.

BD still wins

Scouts 93-96…sweet face melting brass 

• Like 1

I think there needs to be a discussion on order of performance. The order that corps perform almost always matches up with their finishing position first corps on is 12th 2nd is 11th and so on and so forth. It should be randomized to maintain some level of parity

4 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I think there needs to be a discussion on order of performance. The order that corps perform almost always matches up with their finishing position first corps on is 12th 2nd is 11th and so on and so forth. It should be randomized to maintain some level of parity

This has already been done at tournament of champions shows back when the G7 was still a thing. It didn’t do anything to change the results. The judges are smarter and more discerning than you think they are 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2