Bluecoats 2024

4 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Anytime BD is given good faith criticism, BD fans think it's pettiness and bitterness.

As a BD honk, I am all for criticism of BD as they are NOT above reproach from anyone. 

It's the lies, and false narratives that I personally have a problem with. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

As a BD honk, I am all for criticism of BD as they are NOT above reproach from anyone. 

It's the lies, and false narratives that I personally have a problem with. 

If I lied or provided a false narrative, call me out. I'm a big enough person to admit when I am wrong.

15 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

If I lied or provided a false narrative, call me out. I'm a big enough person to admit when I am wrong.

I was speaking in general. Not anything or anyone specific. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I highly suggest you watch BD’s encore performance video uploaded to their YouTube channel to allow yourself to correct your grossly misinformed and incorrect assertions. Or don’t. DCP this season has taught me that it’s sometimes better to let people just be wrong

BD doesn't use dots. They move as they go. I believe someone timed all the top shows this year and BD by far did just as much marching and playing as anybody. This is the part from 11:55 

1 hour ago, ContraFart said:

It is well documented that they don't use a drill writer and everything is taught on the field. If you really think about it the only 2 times in the show where there was more traditional drill was in the opener with the moving squares ending in the Maltese cross, and the very end with the Matisse star. Everything else was staging and FTL. 

This is the "drill" 

17 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

BD doesn't use dots. They move as they go. I believe someone timed all the top shows this year and BD by far did just as much marching and playing as anybody. This is the part from 11:55 

Honestly the only timing I have heard of was based on last year's shows. Bluecoats moved and played much more than the rest of the top 5, but BD was second .

31 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Honestly the only timing I have heard of was based on last year's shows. Bluecoats moved and played much more than the rest of the top 5, but BD was second .

That's fair. This was posted mid season (2023): 

"Park and bark" times...
Troopers - 2:40
BAC - 2:40
Crown - 2:30
Blue Devils - 2:30
Music City - 2:25
Bluecoats - 2:20

IKR.

It's like here's people talking about other corps in the Bloo thread again.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Anytime BD is given good faith criticism, BD fans think it's pettiness and bitterness.

Whenever BD is given “good faith” criticism, somehow you are always in the thread. Weird coincidence