Bluecoats 2024

I still wig out and how deftly and creatively Thrower wove those songs together.  The way Eleanor Rigby sort of just moves the show in another direction and when She's So Heavy drops...man.  

it was a good show. 

• Like 5

I go back and forth on 2015 and 2019 all the time. On the one hand, I have nothing but love for BD and I genuinely want to respect the final decision of the judges. But on the other hand, sometimes it sucks to see your favorite corps on the brink of championship just to see it snatched away last minute. I just re-listened to Bloo19 as well, so I'm gonna let myself be upset about it for a minute.

Again, nothing but love for BD. BD fans should be allowed to let themselves be upset about 2008 every once in a while too, and same for Cadets fans in regards to 2014. Being on the other side of an outcome like that really sucks.

Kinetic Noise (2015) is another show that doesn't get enough mentions in retrospect for me.  That, more than the 'pitch bend' of 2014 was where Bloo's team started really exploring what they could do with the sonic landscape that has become their signature.  The pitch bend was a gimmick, but 2015 was when they were making a whole palette to paint from.  What they did with Mr. Maps and the percussion is still so fun to listen to.

• Like 3

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

He's a former dance musician and I've been following him for years. That's a fn catch and I can't wait to see this!!!

Ryan is incredible! He’ll be visiting spring training and spending time with the kids. Ian and Rafiq are also wonderful! Exciting all around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mikescott said:

Ryan is incredible! He’ll be visiting spring training and spending time with the kids. Ian and Rafiq are also wonderful! Exciting all around. 

For once I don't care of it's new or old work... but if it's old please make it this:

Love seeing Bloo at the cutting edge. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow.  

Crown: "We got Mackey writing original stuff specifically for our show themes"

Bloo: "Hold my beer"

I'm loving this trend of partnerships and creative collaboration.   

[holds breath for what BD might announce]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1