Bluecoats 2024

41 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Very cool but idk.

Son Lux has been a standard in our house for a while.

Used a Son Lux remix of a My Brightest Diamond song for Santa Teresa HS's first ever winterguard show in...uhhhh.. 2009. 🙃

41 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Very cool but idk.

Son Lux has been a standard in our house for a while.

Used a Son Lux remix of a My Brightest Diamond song for Santa Teresa HS's first ever winterguard show in...uhhhh.. 2009. 🙃

never mind

Granddaughter says it is Let It Go, not Let Go

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

never mind

Granddaughter says it is Let It Go, not Let Go

I hope you got a "Granddad...you're doing it all wrong" look with that.

• Haha 3

very cool news

21 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I hope you got a "Granddad...you're doing it all wrong" look with that.

She is a dancer. I showed her videos of 2024 Boston & 2008 Phantom.  She was fascinated by the idea of dancing with a flag.   The indoctrination begins.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the update and heartfelt congrats on joining the ranks of Bluecoats alums.  So proud and thrilled with everything that you all have accomplished!

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 12:33 PM, mingusmonk said:

Wow. What an amazing opportunity for those kids. 

emerging from my cave to say how excited i am for bloo this year. was relistening to garden and riffs this morning and remembering how unbelievable this group has sounded the last few seasons, and how great im sure they'll sound this year. im not a betting person nor am i good with predictions, but i just have this really good feeling this year for bloo. an intense positive energy.

in another note, one of the snares from last year's line is currently on staff for the indoor percussion ensemble here in my area, super cool dude, and super smart. the training at bloo is incredible and i hope i get the chance to march with them someday. 

• Like 2

Is it too much to ask for 2024 to be the year that Bloo Brass is finally good enough to win the Ott?? Please, I'm literally begging. I've wanted to see them win high brass for years now.

Their hornline is criminally underrated, and I know I'm not the first person to say that. While they haven't been the cleanest or most technically proficient on the field, they have had one of the most characteristically unique sounds in the activity for more than a decade at this point. That's what makes Bloo Brass so special, in my opinion.

I recently came back to this video for the first time in a while, and my goodness it's getting me excited for 2024!

• Like 2