The Staff Merry-go-round

The purple feather thing was more of a myth/joke during my time. If it was an early 2010s thing, it died out to nothing more than a thing people were vaguely aware of a few years later.

I am fairly certain no one was given a purple feather in my time with the corps. And I question where members (?) would even get them (stanbury?). I viewed it as a rumor within the culture (still an oppressively condescending concept). 

Relating to the meeting being cancelled I just wished they’d kept it tonight to communicate anything regarding status. It feels like they’re using staffing to again have an excuse to pass the buck farther down the road. Likely reading to much into it. 

I’ll still die on the hill that SCV’s constant refusal to engage and supply sincere information to the public is terrible for their comeback/success. 

Edited by Hirsbrunner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

My understanding is that the Labor Day rule is playing an effect, but there is also possibly another vote or two required by DCI before things can be made official one way or another. 

Also, Dan Adams out at Academy? His contact info is no longer listed on their website.

Edited by Mr_Moto
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr_Moto said:

My understanding is that the Labor Day rule is playing an effect, but there is also possibly another vote or two required by DCI before things can be made official one way or another. 

Also, Dan Adams out at Academy? His contact info is no longer listed on their website.

I want to say that my friends over there told me he is gone. But I cannot recall. I know theyve had a few staff changes that the corps hasn't announced.

TBH I think Dan being gone is a good thing. Did not hear good things from my buddies there. 

• Sad 1

Just now, fighterkit said:

I want to say that my friends over there told me he is gone. But I cannot recall. I know theyve had a few staff changes that the corps hasn't announced.

TBH I think Dan being gone is a good thing. Did not hear good things from my buddies there. 

They have all of their staff pages as “Coming Soon” so maybe big change ups are happening. Dan’s contact info gone was the big thing that I noticed when doing some research.

They have all of their staff pages as “Coming Soon” so maybe big change ups are happening. Dan’s contact info gone was the big thing that I noticed when doing some research.

They always do the Coming Soon after every season. 

But they do have a few changes. Lisa posted publicly that she is out. Dan I want to say is out but I can double check. 

• Thanks 1

Speaking of website changes 

Carolina Crown CEO, Jim Williams is no longer listed on the website. 

The Cadets COO/CFO title has changed on the website to technology manager, Justin Moore. 

Phantom Regiment announced a new CEO Amanda while former CEO will be stepping into Director of Programs. 

The Academy:

Corps Director Dan Adams will not be returning (No longer listed on the website).

Brass Caption Heads Lisa Tatum and Eric Weingartner will not be returning (Personal Facebook posts).

8 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Speaking of website changes 

Carolina Crown CEO, Jim Williams is no longer listed on the website. 

The Cadets COO/CFO title has changed on the website to technology manager, Justin Moore. 

Phantom Regiment announced a new CEO Amanda while former CEO will be stepping into Director of Programs. 

The Academy:

Corps Director Dan Adams will not be returning (No longer listed on the website).

Brass Caption Heads Lisa Tatum and Eric Weingartner will not be returning (Personal Facebook posts).

Jim retired I believe. I feel like I saw quite a few things congratulating him on his long career with Crown.

Jim retired I believe. I feel like I saw quite a few things congratulating him on his long career with Crown.

Jim Coates, yes. He is still on the website as an executive Advisor. Jim Williams was the new CEO and replacement. But now all of Jim Williams posts and announcements are all gone and he’s removed completely from the website 

18 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Jim Coates, yes. He is still on the website as an executive Advisor. Jim Williams was the new CEO and replacement. But now all of Jim Williams posts and announcements are all gone and he’s removed completely from the website 

Understood. That’s interesting. 

• Like 1