The Staff Merry-go-round

6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Couldn’t they just say “Folks we’re back for ‘24. Please check our website for audition information. Unfortunately due to DCI policies we can’t talk staff at this time until after Labor Day . Thank You for Understanding.”

it’s really not that difficult.

staff attracts talent. can't say who the staff is, it could hurt recruiting

6 hours ago, fighterkit said:

This was made by an SCVC alum who’s was frustrated by the org making them take 22 off, which then in turn led to the A corps. 

There’s No Place Like Santa Clara is an acronym the corps uses a lot. 

The purple feather is something that members would give towards members they did not want to come back to the org for various reasons. 

This photo was made to signify that VMAPA gave SCVC a purple feather. And now In turn.VMAPA is being given the purple feather 

so the organization acceptd the practice of giving something to members not wanted back?

5 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

And that is part of the problem.  If DCI's "Oversight" is that feeble, the enter org needs re-structured.  Finances are black and white.  If oversight can't be successful there, how in the world with oversight for member safety every be what it needs to be?

well as Boston said in 2014, not all corps are created equal. but wasn't troop in 2007? i mean they made finals in 09

For the record, Troopers were active and competing in 2010 and 2011.

For the record, Troopers were inactive in 2006, and returned to active WC status in 2007.

The casual way that inaccurate information is thrown around here with a tone of authority is dismaying, especially given that it's easy to get these kinds of facts right the first time. Look stuff up. Check your sources. Do a basic bit of fact-checking, folks. Good lord, just Google it if nothing else. I know this is just an internet chat board, but that's part of the point: It's an internet chat board, accessible anywhere on the planet 24/7/365.

Such a lukewarm devotion to accuracy borders on the alarming on a thread like this, where names of individuals and their personal and professional reputations are tossed about without much evidence of verification. 

(EDIT: removed the quote because it isn't necessary to the point).

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

Speaking of website changes 

Carolina Crown CEO, Jim Williams is no longer listed on the website. 

The Cadets COO/CFO title has changed on the website to technology manager, Justin Moore. 

Phantom Regiment announced a new CEO Amanda while former CEO will be stepping into Director of Programs. 

The Academy:

Corps Director Dan Adams will not be returning (No longer listed on the website).

Brass Caption Heads Lisa Tatum and Eric Weingartner will not be returning (Personal Facebook posts).

Justin's title was adjusted many months ago.  Nothing to see here.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

For the record, Troopers were active and competing in 2010 and 2011.

For the record, Troopers were inactive in 2006, and returned to active WC status in 2007.

My year posted above was inaccurate. I will amend the year accordingly, 2muchcoffeeman. Thank you for pointing this out as I agree with you that accuracy in posting info is important.

It was 2005 ( not 2010 ) that the BOD of DCI suspended the Troopers for a season ( 2006 ) with the requirement to change Mgt there before being admitted back to DCI. The reason was failure to SEND filed taxes in a timely manner.... TO DCI ( not taxing authorities ) . The Troopers complied with the Demand to change Mgt there. They changed Mgt. The Troopers also corrected the Tax filings in a satisfactory manner, and so on Oct. 3rd, 2006, the BOD at DCI voted reinstate the Troopers for the 2007 season where the Troopers to their enormous credit have complied with DCI Membership rules ever since.

My central point I was making above here still stands however. DCI stepped in and voted to suspend the Troopers. That info was then made public . They were sitting in 22nd place in that 2005 season when the DCI board suspended them.  ( Not that placements in DCI should ever matter in DCI decisions, imo ).

By contrast, DCI found out last year that SCV was heavily in debt ( more than the Troopers were in 2005 ), and  were in delinquency with the state of Calif. in filing taxes in a timely manner. In addition, DCI was made aware at the same time the public was that SCV Mgt. was allowing SCV auditions to take place for this 2023 season when they had to have known that their chances of putting a Corps for their " A " Corps was a veritable impossibility with the financial and tax situation they found themselves in. The SCV, after unethically and irresponsibly taking parents and young marchers audition fees, then abruptly announced that they had decided to " take the 2023 season off, and with hopes to return in 2024 ". What was DCI's public response to this ? Quietness. DCI did not suspend SCV. DCI also made no public announcement that SCV in order to return must clean house of those in positions of leadership that brought SCV to this status .   Yes, it does appear that in DCI" all are equal, but some are more equal than others". Those that come to this observation assessment have years of examples where such conclusions can be deemed logical, rational, and yes....... accurate, imo.

Now back to comings and goings of staff after this season... not much to report here except rumors due to the rule  adopted  by DCI, that staff announcements from 2017 onward now must not officially and publicly occur until Labor Day or after now ).

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

My year posted above was inaccurate. I will amend the year accordingly, 2muchcoffeeman. Thank you for pointing this out as I agree with you that accuracy in posting info is important.

It was 2005 ( not 2010 ) that the BOD of DCI suspended the Troopers for a season ( 2006 )

Since accuracy matters - according to press releases discussed on this forum, Troopers had their DCI membership revoked at the late September 2005 meeting.  There was no "suspension" mentioned, and non-member corps do DCI shows all the time, so this action did not forbid Troopers from participating in the 2006 season.  A week later, Troopers announced that they (i.e. the Troopers own BOD) had decided to sit out the 2006 season.

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so the organization acceptd the practice of giving something to members not wanted back?

"Organizations" aren't always aware of member-to-member actions/behavior.

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Since accuracy matters - according to press releases discussed on this forum, Troopers had their DCI membership revoked at the late September 2005 meeting.  There was no "suspension" mentioned, and non-member corps do DCI shows all the time, so this action did not forbid Troopers from participating in the 2006 season.  A week later, Troopers announced that they (i.e. the Troopers own BOD) had decided to sit out the 2006 season.

Good conversation, and its even better to find sources for posted info on here.

My info has it that in 2005, DCI voted to suspend the Troopers from competition for 2006 season, but they coould still perform outside of DCI.. ( by the way, this episode is in no way critical of the current Troopers as I admire them and have since the inglorious G7 days ). Here is my 2 sources ( below) that states ( as I posted above ) that DCI suspended the Troopers for the 2006 competition season. Its from the Troopers and has been on this website for years without correction by the Troopers or anyone at DCI, so we should assume it is accurate. Scroll down to near the bottom, 2nd to last paragraph, and right above " show summary ".. Additionally, I have sourced below, the Caspar, Wyo newspaper from that timeframe that additionally reported that the Troopers were suspended from competitions in DCI for the 2006 season by DCI..... for failure to send tax records to DCI ( NOT to the tax authorities) for several years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troopers_Drum_and_Bugle_Corps#:~:text=In 2005%2C the DC

and.....

https://trib.com/news/local/group-wants-troopers-to-stop-marching/article_cc3e13c2-1505-559c-bddb-ee4d1550c277.html

Edited by Boss Anova

3 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

My central point I was making above here still stands however. DCI stepped in and voted to suspend the Troopers. That info was then made public and posted on the DCI.org website itself. They were sitting in 22nd place in that 2005 season when the DCI board suspended them.  ( Not that placements in DCI should ever matter in DCI decisions, imo ).

By contrast, DCI found out last year that SCV was heavily in debt ( more than the Troopers were in 2005 ), and  were in delinquency with the state of Calif. in filing taxes in a timely manner. In addition, DCI was made aware at the same time the public was that SCV Mgt. was allowing SCV auditions to take place for this 2023 season when they had to have known that their chances of putting a Corps for their " A " Corps was a veritable impossibility with the financial and tax situation they found themselves in. The SCV, after unethically and irresponsibly taking parents and young marchers audition fees, then abruptly announced that they had decided to " take the 2023 season off, and with hopes to return in 2024 ". What was DCI's public response to this ? Quietness. DCI did not suspend SCV. DCI also made no public announcement that SCV in order to return must clean house of those in positions of leadership that brought SCV to this status .   Yes, it does appear that in DCI" all are equal, but some are more equal than others". Those that come to this observation assessment have years of examples where such conclusions can be deemed logical, rational, and yes....... accurate, imo.

Probably not a bad time for Dan A. to retire and avoid any finger pointing.