DCI Stock Market 2024

Based on what you think can happen next season

Who are you buying?

Who are you selling?

Who are you holding?

I'm buying Spirit Stonks and Music City Stonks. Spirit very very young and came out swinging while music city continues to grow with gwaltney designing.

I'm selling Boston solely because cadets seem to be on the trajectory to reclaim a position near the top while Crown seemed to fix some of their problems this season. Year 2 for crown staff and year 3 for cadets can be solid much like Bostons staff when they came together in 2017. Madison is also a sell because the groups that were below them passed then this year and the remainder below them need the talent but had better designs. Some visual changes need to be made for them to move up. 

Holding BD and BS. BD vs the field I'm taking BD and I'm betting the 60th anniversary will deliver for Stars but by how much? They are in a no man's land with solid execution but can design match. 

• Like 1

Buying PC stock, they've teed up a move in similar fashion to what Mandarins did as they broke into finals.

Buying Crown stock for a shot to push at BD for a championship. Year one with Jackson and Shah bringing Crown a whole new sound was a smashing success, imagine what they're gonna do now that they've gotten through the 'feel things out in the process'

Holding Bloo and Mandarins stock. They've got their grooves and it's good.  (Bought into Mandarins a few years back and its paid off well)

Holding Boston, they'll figure it out.  Even Bloo's journey to their gold was a 2, drop back, roar out with THE show pathway.  

Selling Madison, sorry, Between the lines was "ok" but everything since then has been unimpressive.  I want to like their shows but getting harder to find enough to like.

Not really finding others to sell, it's a bull market with most everyone rising. 

• Like 2

I bought into the Mandarins hype last year and I'm still holding onto it. 

Buying Troopers stock cause most underrated show this year IMO. 

Against all my feelings, reluctantly buying Cadets. They ranked higher than a lot of shows I really liked, if they can pull off something really cool GE-wise they'll probably get top 6 again

Selling Academy stock. Great execution of a super generic theme. Give me the goth era back.

• Like 2

i'm waiting to see who replaces Dan before i put any buy/sell advisories on

• Like 3

Buying:

• Pacific Crest - I'm liking the energy that's building
  • Boston Crusaders - Made me a new believer
  • more Troopers  - They will resolve the Color Guard issues which held them back this year

Holding:

• Blue Knights - my local team
  • The Cavaliers - Always loved Green Machine's drum line and always will
  • Mandarins - Looking to medal next year
  • Blue Devils - my second love
  • Vanguard - my first love (I grew up as a Silicon Valley kid)

Selling: The Academy, Madison Scouts, Crossmen

Buying:

1. Crown; they maybe just one year away from their 2nd DCI championship.  2024 looks very promising for them.

2.  Crossmen and Madison ; everyone seems to be losing faith in these 2 organizations.  They have both been around for a long time and have weathered so many storms in the past. Madison is still legendary to so so many DCI fans and is a member of that very small elite group of corps who has won a DCI title ( 2).  And the Crossmen have the distinction of marching in the most DCI finals for a corps that HAS NOT WON A DCI CHAMPIONSHIP ( 29 ).  So I will buy the stock from everyone who is selling.  I think that both of their values are only going to go up.

Holding

top 8 ; these corps are not going anywhere.  The only corps to crack the top 8 is The Mandarins ( newbie ) with Phantom rejoining the elite 8.  In fact maybe I should hold on to the top 12.  If SCV would have competed in 2023 ;  most likely the top 12 would have been the same as 2022.

Everyone has to take a risk on one stock  ( drum corps in this case ) ;   I am going to go with Music City ;  they continue to improve and maybe knocking on a few doors next year. In fact corps 13 through 18 on any given day were pretty close to competing for that 12 th place spot.  The quality of the majority of shows continues to improve and I think that that is a good thing for DCI.  Now we just need to keep all the current World Class and Open class corps financially healthy so that they can continue to perform and look to look to new geographic areas to expand.

• Like 1