My first full year show reviews!

I LOVE these reviews... They are very detailed, fair, accurate, and entertaining and funny. We also have the same top 4 faves, and I'm with you on who I wish got 5th. 😉

If I can suggest a few things, maybe you cannot play the music of the corps you're reviewing, but it would be helpful for someone who wants to skip forward to find the review of their corps if you keep a header/footer up of the corps you're reviewing the entire time, or a photo of that corps in the background instead of gaming vids. Also, can you say "corps" instead of "band"? 😂

But otherwise I'm totally onboard, so please keep these going!!!!

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

This was pretty cool, great job! But, you didn’t review Colts?? 

Very interesting concept. The sampling of the member voices was super innovative. It is a sweet and emotional show that really makes you think about what it takes to get out there and march. My stupid nitpick is I thought the signs were very cheesy. They look like things Facebook moms would post when they're trying to get attention. "Dome Sweet Dome" made me mentally groan. Some bits of it felt a little too saccharine for my personal taste, but I know we can't all be sinnermen and joy-killing priests. And they made a show themed around missing home and didn't include House Is Not a Home? Ignore the last one, I'm just salty that I haven't heard that song live yet. Overall I think it was  pretty good. This is another one where my opinion (again, I totally understand and respect others' likes and dislikes in DCI) is that concept > execution. 

Again, this is coming from a completely unqualified source (can 16 year olds even march drum corps??? i don't think they can be judges either but go figure). I'm sure there's someone out there that's a Certified Sign Expert™️ that can analyze and break down the show and write a 5 paragraph essay on why "Dome Sweet Dome" is a masterpiece of wordplay and is significant to the lore 😛

"I can't hum or identify a single tune from this show off the top of my head" I'm going with she's never watched a Superman or Batman movie.

Edited by Cadet Guardy

2 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

"I can't hum or identify a single tune from this show off the top of my head" I'm going with she's never watched a Superman or Batman movie.

Ironically, superhero movies are one of my least favorite genres. (romance is the all time lowest though) I do really like Danny Elfman's Batman theme song, that would be awesome if a corps did that. Actually that gave me a show idea: vigilante justice. Gives me Boston vibes for sure

• Like 1

Also you all are so kind! Thank you so very much. Last year (first time on DCP) I got so much hate and negativity and I'm astonished at all the positive reactions to this.Thank you for taking the time to hear me out and not immediately going with a "you're a young kid/you're not a real fan/your opinion doesn't matter". It really makes a difference. 

• Like 2