Boston Crusaders 2024

5 hours ago, fighterkit said:

That would be a very long project in the making I bet. I know the dci yearbook lists them but Boston wasn’t always fortunate to get a page 

Here is a few names of brass arrangers over the years at the Crusaders ( some others already mentioned....

I think we would have to start with the lergendary brass arranger that was there and wrote the music for BAC in the decade of the 1960's where they first became a national powerhouse ( 1st- 3rd ) among several hundred Drum Corps in the country at the time....... Ed Denon.  He was a public school music teacher that wrote " Conquest " first for the Corps, among other early signature songs they are known for in the their earlier years. Ed Denon was there for approx 10- 12 years, and later wrote brass for the Crusaders Srs. ( 1990's )

Jimmy Centorino wrote songs for Boston in 72'- 75.

Eric Rosen.... 1980's

Robert Smith.... 1980's

Tom Lizotte..... 1980's

Michael Klesch... mid 1990's

Jay Kennedy.... early 2000's to 2011.

Ryan George..... 2012 to current.

I'm sure I left someone out... but these are a few notables off the top of my head at the moment anyway.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Here is a few names of brass arrangers over the years at the Crusaders ( some others already mentioned....

I think we would have to start with the lergendary brass arranger that was there and wrote the music for BAC in the decade of the 1960's where they first became a national powerhouse ( 1st- 3rd ) among several hundred Drum Corps in the country at the time....... Ed Denon.  He was a public school music teacher that wrote " Conquest " first for the Corps, among other early signature songs they are known for in the their earlier years. Ed Denon was there for approx 10- 12 years, and later wrote brass for the Crusaders Srs. ( 1990's )

Eric Rosen.... 1980's

Robert Smith.... 1980's as well

I'm sure I left someone out... but these are a few notables off the top of my head at the moment anyway.

Jerry Noonan in much of the 80s.  Screaming soprano soloist for North Star in the 70s....Ole!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Eric Rosen.... 1980's

Robert Smith.... 1980's

Tom Lizotte..... 1980's

George Garzonne 1975

Mark Beliveau 79-82

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's interesting I believe I had heard JD shaw talk about work w/Boston when I was touring with them (PR) in 2008 during a conversation at lunch one day (I was aiding in sponsoring a hornline member ) but I never knew what year or years ......anybody know? From 2012 to present I've been on the BAC side of the volunteer spectrum 

Edited by PRPhan4ever
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

That's interesting I believe I had heard JD shaw talk about work w/Boston when I was touring with them (PR) in 2008 during a conversation at lunch one day (I was aiding in sponsoring a hornline member ) but I never knew what year or years ......anybody know? From 2012 to present I've been on the BAC side of the volunteer spectrum 

Could be wrong, but I don’t recall JD Shaw being with BAC in any capacity at least through 88. Maybe later?  90’s?

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Could be wrong, but I don’t recall JD Shaw being with BAC in any capacity at least through 88. Maybe later?  90’s?

Brass and percussion arrangers were JD Shaw, Al Murray, Darrell McKee and Dave Carbone

• Like 1