DCI's Next Director

I nominate @Jeff Ream

11 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I nominate @Jeff Ream

nope. i do not have the non profit background required, and since the director serves at the pleasure of the board, i'm pretty sure my bluntness would last 2 hours of one meeting

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

59 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

For the sake of moving forward and "bigger" I hope its not an internal hire.... either at DCI office or Corps Directors themselves... 

i'm torn. institutional knowledge of what drum corps actually is is incredibly important. look at SCV's hires recently...lack of drum corps knowledge was part of the issues that got them where they are

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm torn. institutional knowledge of what drum corps actually is is incredibly important. look at SCV's hires recently...lack of drum corps knowledge was part of the issues that got them where they are

So what youre saying is we should have a CEO/ED who runs the business growth of DCI as an entity and a Director of Programs ,  Drum Corps  --  who helps run the drum corps side of what the entire DCI office does ? 

Because I also agree that institutional knowledge is important, but its also time to get in there and grow the entity. There's so many things DCI can offer but yet I am not ssure why they don't, so let someone take care of the corps and their director and the CLevel suite of DCI grow the business -- thats in my honest opinion .... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

So what youre saying is we should have a CEO/ED who runs the business growth of DCI as an entity and a Director of Programs ,  Drum Corps  --  who helps run the drum corps side of what the entire DCI office does ? 

Because I also agree that institutional knowledge is important, but its also time to get in there and grow the entity. There's so many things DCI can offer but yet I am not ssure why they don't, so let someone take care of the corps and their director and the CLevel suite of DCI grow the business -- thats in my honest opinion .... 

i am saying whoever it is needs to know something about how drum corps works. does it means its someone from the top level of the inside? not necessarily. but someone from the outside with zero knowledge isn't a comforting feeling

• Like 2

Vicki MacFarlane of the Colts.....but I doubt she would take it. They're red hot now

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am saying whoever it is needs to know something about how drum corps works. does it means its someone from the top level of the inside? not necessarily. but someone from the outside with zero knowledge isn't a comforting feeling

I agree and to add to what their expertise should include; understanding how to fix, support, enforce and discipline bad actors and behaviors in a youth organization.  There have been enough orgs, poorly managed fiscally.  There have been enough abuse instances without any remedies or repercussions to clean it up and ensure safety for members  and support for reporters.

Growing the activity will happen if these other items are properly addressed.