CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

1 hour ago, DSpruce said:

He called the org overall a joke, I did the most baby of gentle snarks in reaction. I’m not sweating this one.

No he didn’t. And you are not helping the SCV BOD cause either.  It’s probably a moot point at this juncture anyway. We are near the post-mortem “how did this happen” phase. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

What you can do is advocate for them through tough times, but you don't need to defend them. 

I think I’m as free to use my voice as anybody else is because I am a person. I agree with feedback received here to react less as people express anger. I do think things I have factually tried to correct were factually in error. 

Edited by DSpruce

3 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

I think I’m as free to use my voice as anybody else is because I am a person. I agree with feedback received here to react less as people express anger. I do think things I have factually tried to correct were factually in error. 

You are absolutely free to use your voice, but when you start attacking and throwing accusations around, you lose all validity. 

Maybe a handful of things had tidbits left out, but nothing has been in error. Links and documents have been provided each time. 

The silence from DCI is deafening. I can see Vanguard being "Pioneered" before they get a chance to do it themselves. The top five reasons that non profits fail are...

• Lack of a Plan
  • Unrealistic Expectations
  • Lack of Leadership
  • No Money
  • Failure to adapt

I think they pretty much tick all those boxes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So. I realized in my scry of corps shops for pins as this year's souvies I'd by, I'd forgotten SCV.

Just bought a pin cause it's looking more like it'll be my last chance to get one aside from ebay.

Troopers need to get smaller pins back in stock, and there's a fair few corps that need to get on the pin bandwagon!

13 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

I explained some things. As far as I am aware if I had been crossing the line I would have been banned.

You very much crossed the line several times prior in other threads. You've been quite civil in this thread, albeit making claims about how someone is grasping for an angle of attack. 

Sometimes people just need to be reminded to be civil, and reminded of their past. Afterall, we're taught history in an attempt to not repeat it.

• Like 2