CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

You are clearly not alone in this thread.

I only continue to ask that readers try to keep in mind the vast amount of harm this organization has lobbed onto so many alum. It is very much at play here and across the many I've spoken to and disagreed with.

We are clearly reminded  at every possible opportunity of this. I am not going to address that portion directly as of now but I get it, I hear it, I am acknowledging it. While I am currently discussing a broader BOD issue, I WILL say that a toxic board will trickle down and foster a toxic organization.  I do agree there.  Without the right people at the top, all the buckets below are filled with sludge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

Attempting to offer pseudoscience to strangers on the internet, whether in good faith or bad, does more harm than good.

On that we can agree.  Please stop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

On that we can agree.  Please stop.

I'm unclear on where I've done this, as I've always used verifiable expert resources, alum testimony I've earned the consent to share, and significant lived experience in my advocacy. I'm painstaking in doing so actually.

That is different than the article you used to justify your point in this thread.

Edit: using more "I" statements here intentionally as it is my professional training to do so in emotionally charged discussions. And I'm clearly and justifiably on the defense here.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 1

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

I'm unclear on where I've done this, as I've always used verifiable expert resources, alum testimony I've earned the consent to share, and significant lived experience in my advocacy. I'm painstaking in doing so actually.

That is different than the article you used to justify your point in this thread.

So, what do you think my "point" was precisely?  Just curious.

3 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

I applied and submitted my resume to the same Board President that brought me in back in 2016 to help get the board visibility after Jeff Fielder resigned. 

I was never interviewed. 

21 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Just because you know facts and figures does not mean you will be a good leader of an organization. 

Honestly, if it is to replace Jeff Fiedler, anyone who passes a criminal background check deserves consideration.

• Thanks 5

I hope SCV as an org can get it pulled together.  Speaking from experience, once you lose your non-profit status, you really are in a pickle.  Found all these fun things out the hard way after someone lost this before taking over.  Not ONLY the non-profit but the liquor license as well.  And that was a fairly small potatoes thing.  Takes a a lot of people with a certain skill set for an org this large.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I follow and support the structure of the vast majority of your points. They are excellent. Please keep it up, as you seemed reluctant at first to hop in. 

Except critique on how messages in this thread have been delivered. It borders on telling women to smile more and is very reminiscent of the ways our own alum attempt to silence dissent.

Said another way, pushing back on the content feeds adversarial collaboration and growth of the activity during and after difficult times. That's what I'm pushing for.

Edit to add an article by David Brooks on adversarial collaboration:

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/opinion/brooks-who-you-are.html

This shows you aren’t getting the message at all. No one is telling you to smile. But message delivery is key. Sometimes your delivery does more to hurt than to help your cause, noble as it is.

• Thanks 5