CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

34 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

There it is, this explains SO. MUCH.

Just because you know facts and figures does not mean you will be a good leader of an organization. Your conduct and attitude on here is so unbecoming of someone who would be in that role and you continually prove on here that SCV's board did at least one thing right in not even giving you an interview.

He did say there were better candidates also. Miss that part?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

This shows you aren’t getting the message at all. No one is telling you to smile. But message delivery is key. Sometimes your delivery does more to hurt than to help your cause, noble as it is.

This is routinely brought up. Not everybody has to be treated as adversarial. Hopefully that message sticks.

7 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, not every BOD keeps a director 9 times accused of serial rape in total command of a youth organization about to convene for 11 weeks of spending every waking and sleeping hour together.

Yeah but I think they could have if DCI hadn't stepped in and shown them ALL the door. I think maybe a couple were allowed to stay via Doug's decision but I'm really not sure. 

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Knew that going into it. Most offer criticism rather than help or support.

And at times even trying to offer support I’ve felt pushed away by you. At times you come off my way or no way and even those that disagree with only minor points are enabling abuse. I’m not alone in feeling that either. And I’m no enabler. Speaking up on things here has cost me opportunities in the activity. But trying to help then feeling patronized because I don’t subscribe to every word used and demand levied makes me back off and not be as supportive as I would or could be…. And I’m not alone in feeling that with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Reggi93 said:

1- SCV's new treasurer is in North Carolina and you point at that as a bad thing.  My organization's board is literally scattered across the country.  Our Treasurer does NOT live in the same state as the Org.  As a matter of fact, MOST of the board doesn't live in or near the home base of the org.  It's a digital zoom kind of world and access to financials and the ability to do a job well no longer demand you be in town where the office is so I do question why you paint their location as a detriment as they are not in CA like the old treasurer apparently was.  Especially since (IMO) the old treasurer catastrophically failed at their job. 

On the other hand, if your org had a huge brick-and-mortar bingo operation with lots of cash changing hands and a demonstrable need for in-person oversight, maybe being local would be a plus.

Hiring Brett B the person turned out to be a disaster.  But hiring a CEO that had a performance education and theater background was not so outside the box for an org like SCV that had been expanding into community rooted performance ensembles beyond the A and B corps.  Phantom Regiment just hired a CEO that has little to no experience in Drum Corps but comes with OODLES of experience in revenue diversification and Youth Education programming.  This is a good fit for an org trying to expand revenue streams and community programming while re-establishing its roots and involvement in Rockford.  Build a team around her to worry about the nuance of drum corps.  Maintain a supportive BOD that can guide and support someone like her successfully and the fact that she came from outside of drum corps won't matter. 

It will matter if the mission statement for a drum corps non-profit omits the words "drum corps", as so many do now.

4. Lastly, I understand you're wanting to bring this all to light.  But your ego is a turnoff.  I don't care that you are tired, or numb, or feel like your website move should get more attention.  Do it for the work and less for your standing.  When you insert yourself and what recognition you think you should be getting for all of this, it's a turn off and makes me thing you are doing this more for your own grandstanding and less for the good of the organization as you claim.  

The standard setter for longevity, stability and excellence in the DCI era is self-destructing as we look on.  But the bigger problem is the personal style or tone of those trying to do something about it?

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Reggi93 said:

Yeah but I think they could have if DCI hadn't stepped in and shown them ALL the door. I think maybe a couple were allowed to stay via Doug's decision but I'm really not sure. 

The house was pretty well cleaned and started from scratch 

Yuck! 

“An organization that is listed as delinquent is not in good standing and is prohibited from engaging in conduct for which registration is required, including soliciting or disbursing charitable funds.”

This does not look good. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

there is a way to fix a board that hunkers down and ignores help. we saw it in April 2018 and again in the fall of 2018

DCI tells them massive change is needed or membership is revoked. one complied. one is still riding to parades in busses that should have been impounded in the 80's

So that only worked in one case.

DCI cannot fix a hunkered down corps BOD.  All DCI can do is kick a corps out of DCI.  The corps has to want DCI so much that they will do whatever is required to maintain/regain their relationship with DCI.

• Like 1