Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Would DCI even allow that?  It appears that DCI requires all of its participating units (even SoundSport teams) to be non-profits.

SCV has not been thinking down the road implications of various scenario outcomes as it pertains to other operations or requirements. 

Case in point your comment (which I presume is correct), and SCV's shutting down the corps in 2023 thereby losing it's legal cash flow stream to pay it's Bingo Employees. 

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Would DCI even allow that?  It appears that DCI requires all of its participating units (even SoundSport teams) to be non-profits.

Yeah, you know that staff better than me.

But my followup question would be... okay, you need to be nonprofit to be a guest/participant (as VMAPA is now) OR do you need to be a nonprofit to be a member?

12 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went through the DCI Ethics Manual line by line, and pointed out violations of DCI Ethics and State Law by SCV employees and core leadership, and I provided the proof and sent that to the entirety of the DCI board at the time, and the generic ethics e-mail, and here we are a YEAR LATER, and SCV is potentially 120 days away from non profit revocation. 

Spirit's investigation took ... 3 months? (trying to remember), and no penalties were levied until the accuser went public.  Then Spirit was taken out of the lineup within days.  

Mike

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Bless their heart. 

Their bingo hall has been at last in operation in March of this year?

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

That’s not my “ premise “ at all . I made no contention that DCI  would be ( your words ) “ guilt by association “ if the actions of any member Corps was listed on DCI’s official website . I even stated above that every situation is different and it’s up to lawyers and the courts to determine if DCI in their oversight capacity had any responsibility for the harm done by one of its member corps . 
  My initial response to this whole matter was whether or not SCV is a member of DCI or not . I deferred willingly to those that tell us that “ SCV is no longer a member of DCI “. I then referred to DCI’s own official website that states pretty clearly that they are currently a member of DCI . Whether that listing of SCV as a current member of DCI could potentially be problematic for DCI should a lawsuit ever develop in the future is not in my legal domain . But I suggested it just might be  . I agree that in the end  legal decisions by the courts will be evidenced based as to the specifics of what occurred … snd what DCI Hg did when informed , and if those actions they took or did not take were reasonable and responsible or not . 

There are at least 1, possibly 2 , current lawsuits pending where the plaintiffs attorneys are suing not only the member Corps in DCI, but have made DCI itself a co defendant in the claim of wrong doing . Time will tell what responsibility, if any  , DCI had in their oversight capacity for things going apparently so wrong with a couple of their member Corps . Like I posted , that’s up to the courts to determine what role , if any , DCI Hg itself had for one of their member Corps allegedly doing bad and/ or  illegal things .

in the case of SoA, i believe it was how DCI handled or didn't handle things when the issue came to light in either late 21 or early 22.  From reading the Cadets issue, i don't recall ever seeing DCI was notified early on in the process of the issue.

1 hour ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Pioneer’s website still talks about how they intend to return to the competitive field. Their interest form is still up (?)

denial isn't just a river in Egypt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went through the DCI Ethics Manual line by line, and pointed out violations of DCI Ethics and State Law by SCV employees and core leadership, and I provided the proof and sent that to the entirety of the DCI board at the time, and the generic ethics e-mail, and here we are a YEAR LATER, and SCV is potentially 120 days away from non profit revocation. 

well, there's Pioneer and then there's SCV.

seriously as the issue is financial and not member safety, thats why DCI buries their head in the sand.

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

It’s a corps in Wisconsin called Pioneer

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

This is, I kid you not from March 2023 on their website, 

“The Taj Palace offered us the opportunity to run bingo on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings as well as some weekends with special events bingos during holidays when the hall isn’t being used.

Also, very importantly, it will be used on Sunday afternoons and evenings for Corps rehearsals” sorry WHAT CORPS??

• Confused 1