Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If someone is willing to take over will RB be willing to give up the reins….

I’m a high schooler in the state of mn but I don’t think I could do worse than SCV

45 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I’m a high schooler in the state of mn but I don’t think I could do worse than SCV

Ok we had a disconnect, I was talking about Pioneer in Wl

46 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

If you want that, they have posts on their Insta/Facebook talking about how successful they are. 

Sad part is none of this would help their paperwork fubar

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If someone is willing to take over will RB be willing to give up the reins….

I believe so. The right guy with the right attitude. 

can’t expect to say/think: you’re old, you’re stupid, you did some mistake during the course of the last 95 years, give me the keys, the bank account and go away. And get the keys with a large smile. 

problem I see is, there is 100 hours a week to put in to make it work. And no one willing to do it. 

look at top corps changing leadership often. Can’t keep someone even with a extraordinary salary. 

2 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

If we ever get to see a FY2023 IRS 990 it will be a beautiful thing. 

100% of the expenses are operating overhead. We get to see without any comingled expenses in individual line items that are potentially from the corps. 100% of it is just people working on staff and facility operations. Oh, and guess it will be MUCH easier to estimate how much goes into Bingo Payroll as well. 

Additionally............. the Bingo Manager salary by itself is disclosed on the 990 as a regulatory requirement. So that means if on the 990 that all other income sources outside of bingo are not greater than his salary then 100% they are paying bingo salaries with Bingo revenue. 

I highly doubt they are making $100K+ of revenue without the corps and no tours from "other revenue" because remember, they can't solicit for donations. They didn't even net $100K from souvenirs (NET) when they were touring. 

FY2023 990 will be a beautiful thing.  

Well, it is expensive to live in Hawaii. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just gave me the creeps… must have been van going to Finals. Everyone else talking and looking around. There RB is… just.. looking… straight… ahead with a blank look. Like he was above acknowledging the people around him or wth?

well, i was thinking more like lost in his own mind

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I believe so. The right guy with the right attitude. 

can’t expect to say/think: you’re old, you’re stupid, you did some mistake during the course of the last 95 years, give me the keys, the bank account and go away. And get the keys with a large smile. 

problem I see is, there is 100 hours a week to put in to make it work. And no one willing to do it. 

look at top corps changing leadership often. Can’t keep someone even with a extraordinary salary. 

relinquishing control would be a tacit admission of failure. i don't see the humility to do so

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well, i was thinking more like lost in his own mind

Just kept thinking of when I donated to a members dues twice and didn’t get a reply that check was received. Corps website said there would be a response (forget exact wording). I emailed to check they got the money and RB hisself answered (does he delegate anything?). Basically blamed the member and gave me their personal email to work it out. Taking no responsibility was bad enough but giving an email address without permission is a personal security no no.