VMAPA Board of Directors welcomes Rob Schiller, as newly elected Board Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair.

On 9/12/2023 at 9:52 PM, Zeke said:

And when Bob Saget recites it ..tis quite the listen

Gilbert Gottfried as well.  

But Back on topic - I hope that the new treasurer has the resources necessary to ensure SCV is on a solid financial footing.  I also hope that, if the $ aren’t there for some endeavor, that he will be able to steer the organization on the correct path. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Speling
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2023 at 4:02 PM, DCP NewsFeed said:

VMAPA Board of Directors welcomes Rob Schiller, as newly elected Board Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair. Since 2004, Rob has worked for the North Carolina Symphony as their Senior Vice President and CFO and prior to that as the Manager of Budget and Finance for the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. Since joining the board a year […]

View the full article

Well, he definitely looks qualified to do the job, which isn’t insignificant. Sounds like an outsider too, which is desperately needed IMO. 

4 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

He was already on the board, and the one who brought in the previous treasurer 

Ouch!

He was already on the board, and the one who brought in the previous treasurer 

And that treasurer is now board president, right? And the one before that is now CFO, after being board president. And the one before that was also CFO before that CFO.

Or am I confusing a few tenures? One might understand why...

3 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

And that treasurer is now board president, right? And the one before that is now CFO, after being board president. And the one before that was also CFO before that CFO.

Or am I confusing a few tenures? One might understand why...

The current President is a previous Treasurer and board member going back to 2020. She has not been on the board for any year they were in compliance. 

The current CFO (employee) is a previous President and previous Treasurer and has been on the board or an employee going back to 2016. 

Since this time last year (Sept 2022) four board members have departed. Only one has been replaced. 

The gatekeeper in charge of who is allowed on the board has been there 17 of the last 23 years. 

Only the current CFO (prior Pres, Prior Treasurer) and the gatekeeper of the board selection committee (17 years of last 23) has been in a leadership position when SCV was last in compliance with the State and Audits (FY2018). 

All other board members tenure has been during delinquency and non compliance. 

The count of board members (excluding honorary member(s) is the lowest it has been since 2005 (when the bingo embezzlement was running rampant). At it's highest count was 2020 at 18 (including folks with partial years) and quickly started to dwindle after the hiring of the community theater director as CEO who quickly got fired. 

They lost 6 board members between FY 2020 and FY21 dropping down to 12 members in 2021. 

It looks like now there are only 7 board members or board officers on their webpage that are not employees, honorary, or non board committee members. 

In 2005 before the bingo embezzlement there were also only 7 board members. 

In 2006 after the bingo embezzlement was confronted the board count jumped to 12. 

Yes, this is a big deal to me because 2006 was my first year on the board after I spent the previous year (2005) kicking and screaming.  

And here we are again..................

Edited by Richard Lesher

Well, this is some interesting information that paints a completely different picture compared to the OP. With this clarity the OP almost reads like a bit of propaganda. What can I trust?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, this is some interesting information that paints a completely different picture compared to the OP. With this clarity the OP almost reads like a bit of propaganda. What can I trust?

Well, the origination of the thread was DCP News Feed, and the source was a Organizational press release. So Vanguard itself is the source of the spin. 

• Like 2

The current President is a previous Treasurer and board member going back to 2020. She has not been on the board for any year they were in compliance. 

The current CFO (employee) is a previous President and previous Treasurer and has been on the board or an employee going back to 2016. 

Since this time last year (Sept 2022) four board members have departed. Only one has been replaced. 

The gatekeeper in charge of who is allowed on the board has been there 17 of the last 23 years. 

Only the current CFO (prior Pres, Prior Treasurer) and the gatekeeper of the board selection committee (17 years of last 23) has been in a leadership position when SCV was last in compliance with the State and Audits (FY2018). 

All other board members tenure has been during delinquency and non compliance. 

What’s a normal duration length? 17 of 23 seems excessive.  Any reason why they’ve been allowed to stay on so long?