Tuesday Fun - South Park Elementary Drumline

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

The EMC guy is great.  If you're not familiar with him, he used to be in "The Commandant's Own" Marines Drum & Bugle Corps. Check out his YouTube channel!   

i've known Eric for long time....pretty sure i judged him in HS. great guy, stupidly sick talented and creative. when i saw him at Allentown my daughter hugged him she was so happy to meet him and 2 years ago at kellys in Wildwood i got him to record "good morning" as a video that i sent my wife so it was waiting for her when she woke up

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

He also marched tenors in Crown. His snare chops aren't too bad either for a Q4 guy.

and Tenors with Bush before that

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I love how he took the time to actually have them playing on the correct drums for tenors and bass drums lol. And of course the street beat was completely obnoxious and 107% accurate to the absolute garbage that most of us played in school in the 80s lol

Also saw the alternating 16th note sticking from drum 1 to drum 2 on the quads.  Reminded me of some old 80s high school writing by Will Rapp. 😂

I'm sure he did this on purpose?   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Also saw the alternating 16th note sticking from drum 1 to drum 2 on the quads.  Reminded me of some old 80s high school writing by Will Rapp. 😂

I'm sure he did this on purpose?   

On a different video he said the whole thing took 4 days.  I couldn’t do it in 4 decades.   Interesting aside - South Park has a production schedule where they go from starting to write script to final product in 5 days.  That is how they can be so up-to-date on current events.   I bet it is an intense 5 days.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

and Tenors with Bush before that

Surf too i think?

I just rewatched.  It really is on point for 80s drumline beats.  Which makes it even more hilarious as an in joke

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Reminded me of some old 80s high school writing by Will Rapp. 😂

I was going to go with Scott Brown but Will Rapp definitely falls into that same style lol. That would have been a pretty beast bass line for mid 80s

• Like 1

Oh Lord.

YouTube gifted me with the original apparently.  

Seeing these HS kids do this only affirms my laughter at the sort of things we hyped over in the 80s with the drum line.  

It's 2011 but cliche right down to the one of the tenors having a beard making it look like he's taking the 12th grade for the 7th time or something.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh Lord.

Seeing these HS kids do this only affirms my laughter at the sort of things we hyped over in the 80s with the drum line.  

It's 2011 but cliche right down to the one of the tenors having a beard making it look like he's taking the 12th grade for the 7th time or something.

So....many...rim...clicks...arghhhhhh

Yeah I can almost feel that 700lb set of Slingerland tenors (I converted mine to quints 'cause that's how I rolled) hanging on my shoulders from '85 lol. This is so oddly terrifying and yet satisfying at the same time. 

Puck mallets and triplets baby! Wooooo let's go!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh Lord.

#### a high school with 4 tenors.....

• Haha 2