Northstar (Ontario)

Northmen (Rochester, NY)

Renegades (NY)

The Thing/Pioneer

Arabella

Seneca Optimists

Oakland Crusaders

Plenty more I am sure.

So what can you say about all of these corps? Obviously the MOST successful and longest has been Crossmen by far. 

I was hoping that my corps (Royal Coachmen) would merge with Imperial Regiment because I felt that we would have been very successful.

• 2 weeks later...

North Star was started, I think, in 1976. It was a merger of several Boston area corps, including the Danvers Blue Angels, Immaculate Conception Reveries (successor to the 27th Lancers) and Beverly Cardinals. They were briefly successful, making DCI finals 1978-80, placing as high as 9th. They fell out of finals by a small margin in 1981 and were gone after 1982. They were noted for their drum line, which was called the "Chrome Wall." Under Dave Vose, they were a pioneer in percussion education, doing winter percussion ensembles of non-field material before that became popular. 

They were a fan favorite, with tunes such as "This Masquerade" and "Sir Duke." They exist to this day as an alumni corps.

North Star was a blast. Such fun and entertaining shows back then. That soprano soloist in Ole', wow. Though I think I read on here he passed away a short while ago. He was awesome. That Chrome Wall featured some awfully young snare drummers, too. Great talent. 

• 2 weeks later...

A number of Garden State Circuit corps merged in the 70’s to stave off folding.

The Livingston Imperial Guardsmen and Dukes of Old Bridge merged in the early seventies to form the DIGs for a few years. They went back to just the Guardsmen name. I marched with the Guardsmen in 68 and 69, and I taught them in 76.

The Wayne Monarchs and Greenwood Lake Lakers merged in the middle of the 76 season, coming out as the King’s Regiment in Wildwood. I wrote and taught percussion. KR came in 2nd in the GSC in 77, the first full year. 

2 hours ago, Rudy Wiedoeft said:

Marion Glory Cadets

merger of Marion Cadets and Cincinnati Glory.

they had some success in Division II in the 1990s.

I remember seeing Marion in 1972 at a show in Bellefountaine, OH. I remember Beverly Cardinals, Buckeyes, Marion Cadets, and Mello Dears there. Not sure who else was there

On 10/12/2023 at 4:58 PM, musicteacher said:

North Star was started, I think, in 1976. It was a merger of several Boston area corps, including the Danvers Blue Angels, Immaculate Conception Reveries (successor to the 27th Lancers) and Beverly Cardinals. They were briefly successful, making DCI finals 1978-80, placing as high as 9th. They fell out of finals by a small margin in 1981 and were gone after 1982. They were noted for their drum line, which was called the "Chrome Wall." Under Dave Vose, they were a pioneer in percussion education, doing winter percussion ensembles of non-field material before that became popular. 

They were a fan favorite, with tunes such as "This Masquerade" and "Sir Duke." They exist to this day as an alumni corps.

When Northstar came about after so many mergers of area corps,  and being based on what is called the north shore area of Boston, there was the tongue in cheek references that they were from the “North Shore, the South Shore, they’re not sure” .  Such very good drum corps people and many still doing drum corps.