82 Cadets

TOC

Since Terri brought up this show, I need an answer about a pit member.  The young man with the really black hair in the middle of the three guys gets video time in future Cadets shows.  I'd like to know if he also marched as the last snare on the left with 87 SCV?  That guy didn't have to wear those hats.   Thanks.

Are you thinking the tympani player in 1982?  As far as I know, no it is not the same person.  In fact "this I  believe"  lol his brother was drum major of Cadets that same year.

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:

I marched with Cadets that year.

Good for you, man! That was the show that really changed everything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Good for you, man! That was the show that really changed everything 

yeah 83 gets the publicity but 82 did the real work

• Like 3

Jeff is exactly right. "Rocky Point Holiday" was a landmark moment in music programming, establishing the use of contemporary concert band literature followed successfully by so many others, including Cavies. And "Cuban Overture" brought a more sophisticated side of Gershwin to the activity. Prescient. This set the table for '83's "The Mass"/"Rocky Point."

58 minutes ago, musicteacher said:

Jeff is exactly right. "Rocky Point Holiday" was a landmark moment in music programming, establishing the use of contemporary concert band literature followed successfully by so many others, including Cavies. And "Cuban Overture" brought a more sophisticated side of Gershwin to the activity. Prescient. This set the table for '83's "The Mass"/"Rocky Point."

SCV did a little of that with Fanfare and Allegro ten years earlier.  Garfield played The Sinfonians about the same time.  Composed by Clifton Williams, French hornist.