SoA/DCI Lawsuit Update

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There were lots & lots & lots & lots of words posted.  And while some may have read them all, EVERYBODY didn’t.  I fell into the latter category.  

Then there was the guy who (I joined middle of this mess) who claimed some corps did some wrong things at some time to some people. And why doesn’t someone (else) tell the authorities. Some RAMDers told him to report if he had details but he kept pushing it on others. A great study on how NOT to handle allegations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

She’s still dragging people.  I sent her a friend request on Facebook thinking it’s better to make peace with people in this crazy world and she started in on me again. She’s still ranting about stuff from over twenty years ago. Many of the people verbally assaulted on the interNUT are dead. I think there is a lot of jealousy involved.   

Sad to hear. Had a relative that acted and sounded the way she did at times. Mainly the more you argued with her, the more she was convinced she was right and you were in on any conspiracy. She did have real issues but years later we wonder how much of what she said WAS true. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sad to hear. Had a relative that acted and sounded the way she did at times. Mainly the more you argued with her, the more she was convinced she was right and you were in on any conspiracy. She did have real issues but years later we wonder how much of what she said WAS true. 

Most of the people who never think they are wrong seem to think they’re perfect or almost perfect.  I had someone once tell me that he was almost perfect.  I’m far from perfect and so is mostly everyone else.

We’re giving her too much playtime.  She probably likes it.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Most of the people who never think they are wrong seem to think they’re perfect or almost perfect.  I had someone once tell me that he was almost perfect.  I’m far from perfect and so is mostly everyone else.

We’re giving her too much playtime.  She probably likes it. So back on topic. I’m like Jeff.  Whoever scores the highest wins. 

My line is “I’m human… and humans #### up at times”.

Just hope the young lady in this suit is able to live her life with all this going on. Read some of the things she posted and responded to in the past and impressed 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My line is “I’m human… and humans #### up at times”.

Just hope the young lady in this suit is able to live her life with all this going on. Read some of the things she posted and responded to in the past and impressed 

I wish her the best. It’s not easy to be under this kind of scrutiny. I was told that the two women in the GH case had Private investigators following them and invading their privacy. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Robertpc77 said:

Hurt People Hurt People

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

True, partially, but some hurt people recover and help heal other hurt people.

It does explain how it seems to endure through the years 

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It does explain how it seems to endure through the years 

I put some of that responsibility on the bystander effect, enablers, and flying monkeys just as much as the perps. They also help maintain the veil of silence. Perps can't do that in isolation.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 10:40 PM, HockeyDad said:

This activity is about 20 years behind the Catholic Church. It’s disgusting that people would continue to defend the likes of Spirit or Cadets or SCV. The rot is deep. No one dares mention the ex director of Cavies/SCV. Why?  It sickens me. DCI has been negligent and cowardly. Oh, all we do is organize the tour. Well, how is that going. All the “TBD” contests.  So sad. 

Good points. Regarding the TBD aspect of what you commented on, they have a new CEO at DCI, so I bet that and the difficulty in securing venues and housing play a part too.

I know a couple of corps who are having problems securing housing for their own home shows for the host corps...

...and I'm sure part of the reason is related to the main topic in this thread of discussion. 

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1