America's Band Directors is 2nd group in the Macy's parade

There should be enough Tubas there to even make @Hook'emCavies light up. 

Any DCPers in that group? 

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:55 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

There should be enough Tubas there to even make @Hook'emCavies light up. 

Any DCPers in that group? 

Got some friends & colleagues marching.  Five total that I know; 2 sousaphones, 1 trombone, 1 quad, & 1 piccolo.  One of the sousaphones has been training marching 3 miles per day around their school's track with the horn.  The quad did not do any training & said his back is killing him today after starting their rehearsals.  (No report on the other two, but the piccolo is probably 'daisy' fresh this evening & smells like Chanel No. 5.)  😂     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 5

Just saw a shot on TV of the Directors lining up for the parade. I had to chuckle a little. They're wearing the exact same "uniform" if you want to call it that as we did in my high school marching band. Black slacks, white dress shirt, red sport coat and black tie. We looked more like waiters or bell hops.  Even the Ayatollah commented "Hey they look like your high school band pictures".  Bless their hearts. 

• Haha 2

Parade time was to have been bumped up this year to 8:30?  CBS started at 9. It’s 9:25 and we’ve had two broadway numbers advertise their shows and a lot of chatter from the hosts about ones “journey to being a broadway star.” And our second commercial break.

Zero parade.  Aside from what you see in the background as the hosts talk about themselves 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Parade time was to have been bumped up this year to 8:30?  CBS started at 9. It’s 9:25 and we’ve had two broadway numbers advertise their shows and a lot of chatter from the hosts about ones “journey to being a broadway star.” And our second commercial break.

Zero parade.  Aside from what you see in the background as the hosts talk about themselves 

Watching nbc; think it was bumped but it takes a little while to reach Herald Square. I went as a consultant with a group several years ago. Crazy thing is getting up at 1am for the tv rehearsal. Rehearsal is usually around 3am then back to the buses to sleep until breakfast & lineup. It's a brutal schedule for adults.  The teenagers might as well just stay up. 😂  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2