Madison Scouts 2024 repertoire: “Unholy”

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

Madison has ZERO chance of making finals. Let's be real here - the problems that have dragged this corps down and have kept it there are still there. Until they are no longer there, Madison won't be making finals and could possibly continue to slide.

We’ll see.   Depends how much better or worse they score relative to how much better or worse other Corps score.   

But the basic point that for every Corps that makes finals in 24 that didn’t make finals in 23, someone from 23 is out.  We know Cadets are out.  SCV may or may not replace them.  

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Madison has ZERO chance of making finals. Let's be real here - the problems that have dragged this corps down and have kept it there are still there. Until they are no longer there, Madison won't be making finals and could possibly continue to slide.

100%. 

On 2/17/2024 at 11:48 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

We’ll see.   Depends how much better or worse they score relative to how much better or worse other Corps score.   

But the basic point that for every Corps that makes finals in 24 that didn’t make finals in 23, someone from 23 is out.  We know Cadets are out.  SCV may or may not replace them.  

There's no "we'll see." We have seen. We have seen what this adminstration and staff is capable of and it's not designing a show worthy of the top 12. 

Vanguard will certainly be back in finals. 

20 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

There's no "we'll see." We have seen. We have seen what this adminstration and staff is capable of and it's not designing a show worthy of the top 12. 

Vanguard will certainly be back in finals. 

You may be correct.  But, I would rather withhold judgment until we see scores from all the other top-12 contenders. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

You may be correct.  But, I would rather withhold judgment until we see scores from all the other top-12 contenders. 

That's probably smart, however, we can't expect different results when we keep doing the same thing that isn't working. Sincer the start of the 2016 season, this hasn't been working and there is no indication that they are suddenly going to turn the ship around. As long as CK is at the helm Madison will just not be successful from a competitive standpoint. Of course, that's my opinion, but I'll stick to it.

As far as Vanguard goes, I'm not sure why people are expecting such a huge drop from them when Spirit only fell 2 spots taking a season off. Vanguard still has a great staff and will still be a destination corps for high level talent. They may not finish in the top 5, but they will most certainly be in the top 12, and I'd venture they'll be in the top 1/2 of the top 12.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:00 PM, Vuitton said:

That's probably smart, however, we can't expect different results when we keep doing the same thing that isn't working. Sincer the start of the 2016 season, this hasn't been working and there is no indication that they are suddenly going to turn the ship around. As long as CK is at the helm Madison will just not be successful from a competitive standpoint. Of course, that's my opinion, but I'll stick to it.

As far as Vanguard goes, I'm not sure why people are expecting such a huge drop from them when Spirit only fell 2 spots taking a season off. Vanguard still has a great staff and will still be a destination corps for high level talent. They may not finish in the top 5, but they will most certainly be in the top 12, and I'd venture they'll be in the top 1/2 of the top 12.

100% correct. Your opinion is also the opinion of most alumni. 10 years of failure and this guy still has a job. Ridiculous. 

Edited by TenHut

55 minutes ago, TenHut said:

100% correct. Your opinion us also the opinion of most alumni. 10 years of failure and this guy still has a job. Ridiculous. 

I suppose it depends how you define success & failure.   The kids are have fun & getting fed.  No stories of abuse.  Perhaps that is how success is currently defined in DCI?   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got to hear the 2022 show (Installation 85) for the first time - i've actually never listened to the audio downloads until this week.  Holy cow, that was a great music book.  The whole thing had a sense of flowing melody and rhythm to it that not a lot of other corps had, and the electronics and synths were used as a voice, and not just sound effects - that made it cool and unique.  Purely from a musical standpoint, I wish they'd kept these guys, as it felt like a niche Madison could have made their own pretty convincingly. 

It's one of the very few full shows that I would listen to again from start to finish (weirdly enough, Colts are the other so far as I work my way through the tracks).  Wasn't the cleanest show,  and I can hear why they finished where they did, but man it was an exciting listen.  

Mike

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vuitton said:

given Spirit was almost 100% rookies, that they only fell 2 spots was amazing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeN said:

Got to hear the 2022 show (Installation 85) for the first time - i've actually never listened to the audio downloads until this week.  Holy cow, that was a great music book.  The whole thing had a sense of flowing melody and rhythm to it that not a lot of other corps had, and the electronics and synths were used as a voice, and not just sound effects - that made it cool and unique.  Purely from a musical standpoint, I wish they'd kept these guys, as it felt like a niche Madison could have made their own pretty convincingly. 

It's one of the very few full shows that I would listen to again from start to finish (weirdly enough, Colts are the other so far as I work my way through the tracks).  Wasn't the cleanest show,  and I can hear why they finished where they did, but man it was an exciting listen.  

Mike

This was the show that made my son want to march Scouts last season. 

• Like 3