Madison Scouts 2024 repertoire: “Unholy”

So...evidently the design team had a change of heart. Totally different show announced just now on social media. 

"The Madison Scouts present their 2024 production titled "Mosaic" featuring the music White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane), Momento Magico (Youn Sun Nah & Ulf Wakenius), Egyptian Danza (Al DeMiola), Man on Fire (Harry Gregson-Williams), Unholy (Sam Smith) and Sati (Salim & Sulaiman Merchant)."

Update: I’m an idiot. Not at all a completely different rep but it would appear that the theme changed.

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, crownisking said:

So...evidently the design team had a change of heart. Totally different show announced just now on social media. 

"The Madison Scouts present their 2024 production titled "Mosaic" featuring the music White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane), Momento Magico (Youn Sun Nah & Ulf Wakenius), Egyptian Danza (Al DeMiola), Man on Fire (Harry Gregson-Williams), Unholy (Sam Smith) and Sati (Salim & Sulaiman Merchant)."

Update: I’m an idiot. Not at all a completely different rep but it would appear that the theme changed.

At least they’re changing the theme now.  Not like Stoned, Awakening, Statues Awakening, then back to Awakening.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

At least they’re changing the theme now.  Not like Stoned, Awakening, Statues Awakening, then back to Awakening.  😂

I remember that. There's no way GH ran that idea by any of the design team and they were like "yeah, let's go with that." 🫠

Unfortunately, Madison can use this little mini blunder as an excuse to hold off on announcing next year's show. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crownisking said:

I remember that. There's no way GH ran that idea by any of the design team and they were like "yeah, let's go with that." 🫠

Unfortunately, Madison can use this little mini blunder as an excuse to hold off on announcing next year's show. 

Did they actually change the theme? I rewatched the original video from December and I don’t see a theme mentioned anywhere. Unholy is just the first piece of repertoire mentioned. 

• Like 3

Sounds like 18th to me at best. There are Texas high school bands who have done this theme and will do it better. 

That Guard staff is going to hold them back… 

Have fun scouts 🤣

Edited by MM2006
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, treved said:

Did they actually change the theme? I rewatched the original video from December and I don’t see a theme mentioned anywhere. Unholy is just the first piece of repertoire mentioned. 

You’re right. I just re-watched the December video again. I wonder why I made that connection in my head without it actually being said? Interesting.

9 hours ago, MM2006 said:

Sounds like 18th to me at best. There are Texas high school bands who have done this theme and will do it better. 

Have fun scouts 🤣

The whole mind, body, soul theme doesn’t resonate well with the upper tiers of this activity. 

11 hours ago, MM2006 said:

Have fun scouts 🤣

What is it about that staff that will hold them back? Many of them are attached to successful WGI and HS units, hopefully that means they can recruit solid talent. 

That said, I share your sentiment that the theme is solidly semifinalist. It feels like they picked some music they liked and tried to slap a title on it