A Great Article on The Cadets

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

From what I read, they want to solicit donations from Cadets alumni and fans to keep the legacy of the Cadets alive. And in hopes that it will help with recruiting. 

I’ll just keep my thoughts to myself on this…. 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

I think Cadets were removed from actual membership earlier this year, but I might be misremembering things.

I also assumed the Memphis thing was an April Fools joke with bad timing, because it's such a bad idea, it's hard to imagine anyone seriously wanting to go there. 

Were I a Cadets alum, I'd be p___ssed off about this, as it pre-supposes that the actual Cadets are dead and gone, and even though they're dormant this year, there's still the capacity to relaunch once they're past the current legal travails. The Memphis move strikes me as more than a little presumptuous.

well alumni not involved aren't thrilled thats for sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

Cadets just put out a statement on social media distancing themselves.

==

Cadets Arts and Entertainment (CA&E) Board of Directors is aware of the recent announcements from Memphis Blues Performing Arts Association (MBPAA) and plans for their program offerings and renaming. CA&E feels it is important to state publicly that we have no formal or informal relationship with MBPAA, nor any plans for their programs. Our Board of Directors has not approved the sale, donation or loan of any assets of our organization to MBPAA. We wish them success in their future endeavors.

yeah their transparency and track record is spotless regardless what Press releases say

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony Flores said:

FWIW, That domain was created on 15 January, did a whois lookup because I'm still a nerd. Domain ownership, in this case, is "redacted for privacy". 

i'd say email Chris Lawrence and ask if he knows, but he'd demand to know who you heard it from before he'd answer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll be blunt:

Memphis Cadets or

Cadets of Memphis or

Cadets of Shelby County 

is the dumbest thing I’ve heard this year … so far.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Back in the olden days, the Stardusters bought the Royal Airs uniforms after they disbanded. Stardusters were a pretty decent corps but no one ever was mistaking them for RA just because they were wearing the costume. 

Westshoremen bought Blue Devils uniforms in 1976. Took another year until we finally made DCA finals so don’t think we were mistaken for BD either 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So sounds like they want to be “connected” to the Cadets. That is unless they see someone with legal papers coming.

Shades of a DCA city that lost a corps and then a new one showed up few years later. Overheard a member being asked “are you guys really the (previous corps name)?”. Response was a VERY quick “NO!! We have nothing to do with them”. Sounded like some bills were outstanding 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But even if Cadet’s  defense prevails, they still will have considerable legal fees.  

Cadets have been paying their legal fees in advance.  That is reason for selling all the assets.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MikeN said:

I have no idea what this is referring to and can't figure it out from everyone's comments - is there a link, or is this on Facebook or something?

Mike

This is a just a rumor and I have no verification of trustworthiness but: https://www.facebook.com/Berffa