OT (sort of): Joni Mitchell

My Lord that performance made me cry. 
Unbelievable. 
Both Sides Now used many times in drum corps (BD ‘23). 
if you didn’t watch the Grammys at least watch her. 

• Like 5

It was amazing seeing her perform.  Great moment in music history.  One of my favorite songwriters of all time.  Still waiting for a corps to do Big Yellow Taxi.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yah. Th easing has been used in so many contexts in movies and such. And of course bands and corps have used it a lot. 

BD’s arrangement though really brought out both the pathos and delicacy of the song for me. Seeing it live in Annapolis was a highlight 

• Like 2

In my 50 years of following her career, she never ceases to amaze and move me emotionally.

• Like 1

Also. Tracey Chapman came on to perform Fast Car with Luke Combs. That was another iconic Grammys moment for me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Also. Tracey Chapman came on to perform Fast Car with Luke Combs. That was another iconic Grammys moment for me. 

In a very real sense, Tracy is Joni's musical daughter. As the great Louis Armstrong once remarked, "All music is folk music", and the best of it conveys profound meaning.

Well done in both instances here.

Edited by ironlips
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, ironlips said:

In a very real sense, Tracy is Joni's musical daughter. As the great Louis Armstrong once remarked, "All music is folk music", and the best of it conveys profound meaning.

Well done in both instances here.

This is true.  I was struck by Tracy's absolute comfort in singing that song and being on stage now.  Her younger years didn't have that comfort.  That it came while sharing that stage and song with another made it even more awesome.