Ten Year Anniversary Of Felliniesque

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Outside of finals this past summer, I have never attended a DCI show east of the Mississippi River. Was there any truth to crowds back east purposely not rooting for BD or corps from out west in general?

I can’t speak for everybody, but I never did. I always tried to make a connection with a show, but if I couldn’t I could respect the production value. Felliniesque bridged both for me. Like I said before, simply brilliant 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

The ABBD/Cali corps animosity in Allentown was real, at least in the 70s-90s. The Crossmen and Cadets fans in the early days had a real chip on their shoulders because they felt BD and SCV would just come onto their turf and try to show them up. 

It seems to be the opposite out here in California. 

When we get Midwest/East Coast corps come out here, we treat them like rock stars as we are so appreciative that they made the trip out west. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Outside of finals this past summer, I have never attended a DCI show east of the Mississippi River. Was there any truth to crowds back east purposely not rooting for BD or corps from out west in general?

BD definitely on several occasions. not so much others. VK of course universally loved. but BD 08-13 was generally under loved by many fans period, and Allentown was no exception. At least as i could tell there was no serious hostility like booing ( except maybe when scores announced), but the standing at the end was people strecthing or getting up to leave, and not because the shows wowed them. Feilliniesque was like the BD reactions of years gone by ( aka 80's and 90's)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

It seems to be the opposite out here in California. 

When we get Midwest/East Coast corps come out here, we treat them like rock stars as we are so appreciative that they made the trip out west. 

well and part of that is because the East has always gotten West Coast corps. maybe not all of them every year til the current Allentown format went into effect...96 or 97 i can't remember. but we always got some. unfortunately the West rarely got east coast corps, so i am sure they were thrilled to see them.

However being at pretty much Allentown back to the beginning, the hatred for West Coast corps is overblown. yeah the locals have had their love, but even cadets got their fair share of tepid response with some of the out there shows over the years. the YEA Borg was loud yes, but not that loud. but I've seen BD and SCV as well as others get some great reactions going back almost 50 years now.

in 11 SCV rehearsed by me a few days beforre Allentown, with a show that wasn't beloved anywhere. during ensemble, the kids weren't connecting to those watching or the staff, and someone on staff told them "in Allentown if you play without passion, the fans will let you know it....with silence. They'll respect you, but they want you to give your all." And i didn't disagree with a word of it.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

BD definitely on several occasions. not so much others. VK of course universally loved. but BD 08-13 was generally under loved by many fans period, and Allentown was no exception. At least as i could tell there was no serious hostility like booing ( except maybe when scores announced), but the standing at the end was people strecthing or getting up to leave, and not because the shows wowed them. Feilliniesque was like the BD reactions of years gone by ( aka 80's and 90's)

Oh boy! This forum from 2008-2013. For us BD fans, it was like the 300 against the Persians.

Good times.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Oh boy! This forum from 2008-2013. For us BD fans, it was like the 300 against the Persians.

Good times.  

fighting for our lives DAILY

mirrors and lawn chairs will never know how hard we fought for their honor …

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Not to mention how many times we had to guard and protect that "House and Home" in 2011. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Good times.  

i wanted to like them, but what they offered didn't allow it. they were good, but i'm not digging in the archives to watch or listen to them again

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

dada. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Not to mention how many times we had to guard and protect that "House and Home" in 2011. 

move that bus!