Cadets and bankruptcy

1 hour ago, Galen said:

Agreed- even the press release is riddled with gaslighting and victim-blaming.

I noticed that as well….”per usual”.

The defense & coverage denial by the insurer circa the ‘82 policy term was not at all surprising (source: I have a few decades’ experience in commercial insurance.) 

Edited by TRacer
Typohz
  • Like 3

Thank you, Cadets, for the wonderful shows and performances you brought to drum corps fans for so many decades. I will always remember you for the high standards you set on the field. My heart goes out to the countless alumni and staff and supporters who brought us this positive legacy of education and excellence. My heart goes out as well to those who suffered abuses within the corps. 

Let us hope and work for the dsy when the drum corps can be experienced and enjoyed without the fear of suffering of any MMs or staff or volunteers. 

Peace to all. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Jeffe77 said:

Fair point. But ultimately the plaintiff's lawyers had to know this would be the end result, right?

i think they wanted money, thats why they kept adding people and organizations. but let's be honest....as we continue to learn, it was a toxic place. eventually it had to catch up with them. everyone thought 2018 would be what killed the corps, but amazingly it lasted 5 more years.

i do wish board members that came on here inviting questions had been less dickish when asked the questions last fall. but in hindsight, my questions were answered.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

He was actually named in the lawsuit, (statement #35 I think), of having knowledge of the incident & took no action.  I think he may have been the assistant director at the time. I posted about the statement last year under the lawsuit topic but dcp will not let me search.    

i do believe he was AD yet at this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just.... man......

I was at work and I actually announced over the intercom that The Cadets folded. I knew that most didn't know who they were, but I said it anyways. 

One of my bosses wanted to know more as to why I announced it... so I told her....

I bleed kelly green. The Cavaliers will always make me go nuts. But I respect The Cadets. I understand why they folded, but gosh darn it.... this is horrible. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

So Cadets of Memphis... isn't happening 

never was once they realized if truly serious, they'd be added to the lawsuit

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I get that people are mad and upset. But the - she got what she wanted - they got their pound of flesh- stuff is ridiculous. What “she wanted”, I’m pretty sure, was to not be sexually molested. And then have to live with the stigma and victim blaming over the past 40 years and even up to this minute. So, yeah, let this be a warning to all those corps that still exist. DFTK. Perhaps this is the message that’s needed. Have you corps received it loud and clear??

well said. thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galen said:

Agreed- even the press release is riddled with gaslighting and victim-blaming.

remember a board member came here inviting questions, then refused to answer them if you didn't reveal where you got the info you asked about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................

Any chance the DCP admins will bring back the thread they removed of my pointing out Cadets were in regulatory violation of state law by failing to register as a charity?

message one and ask. moot point now.