What's Your Favorite Horn Lick?

FarmerFred

no matter how many times I listen to it I can never get over the 1991 Star of Indiana mello line ... they are a bunch of sick pups b**bs , and anyone who can pull of thoes licks like they did that season .... I just have no idea how to put it .... Im sure if Star still was competetive in DCI they would still be kicking butt

I'm down with most of Cadets licks. I don't care that they aren't moving. I couldn't play half of them ever, in any setting. That takes skill no matter what. The Magic lick and BD soprano and even Blue Coats did one, in 02 like that i really liked. I loved the Mellos in PR 95 at the end right b4 the huge hits. God they go high and rather fast. I know there are many more, but i'm sure they've been said by now.. Cadets 2000 with the show-off moment between all sections is probably one of my favorite full corps moments of any show. From all the drumline stuff clear through the brass show-off i think the brass won that show off competition.. hehe, no biased views from this brass player... :P

Although I love many licks from BD in the 90's,

I still like the soprano feature during Free from 78-80.

i know they played it for a few years, but i loved it

every time. Even more fun to play it!

Edited by audiodave

• 2 weeks later...

Always liked the following:

Soprano lick in the '67 Cavaliers Bully opener and sop solo in '69 Hall of the Mountain King

triple tonguing feature in 72 and 73 Bridgemen

double tongue runs in 83 Phantom Regiment Sycthian Suite

sop solo in 86 Madison Harlem Suite (highest note ever played??)