Star of Indiana

I haven't heard all of Stars shows... but from what i have heard it would be 91,89,93,92

Edited by Dex0039

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do miss Star because they were very unique in the fact that they played so many different styles of music.

1986 A lot of folks listed this show way down on their lists. I had the pleasure of seeing this show live and it was amazing. I must confess my bias though....Starwars is my favorite movie and I love the music of John Williams. This hornline was incredible and they had a real demanding drill.

Triple Forte

Ok, I'll bite...

And they shoulda won in 1993.

-And I marched Cadets. Whatsa meesa saying!-

• 3 weeks later...

LOL at the Donnie quote in your sig Chris. :P

I'm just thrilled that very few people ranked 1985 last.

A guy came up to me at camp this weeked that had marched the great Star shows of the 90's and told me that it was the 1985 show that made him want to march Star and I was so flattered.

1985 was my ageout year and my only chance to march. I had always dreamed about marching in a top 12 corps, so imagine my dismay when the director said at the first camp "If you want to march a top 12 corps go to Phantom Regiment or the Scouts. We're here to shake up the activity and promote corporate sponsorship. We're doing Disney music to entertain the crowd." I adjusted though, as it was my only chance. And we still made top 12. Yay. B)

1991 is my favorite show, although I have yet to see 1993, either live or on DVD. Soon...

-And I marched Cadets. Whatsa meesa saying!-

Chris, were you with Cadets the year Frank and Donnie were doing brass out there? I haven't heard the year they were there and was wondering how much of the technique they were able to implement in their short stint there.

All Hail the gods of brass........