The Souvie Stand

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a blue Cadets t-shirt with their percussion section; it says "Throwin' Down on it...a great t-shirt...

I bought my daughter a Carolina Crown "Bohemia" t-shirt last sumer that is also a wonderful shirt.

Mike

Keith Hall--

This thread has been here for OVER a year and you have yet to mention the "North Tonowanda Open" t-shirt!!!!!!

I sooooooooooooooo ashamed of you!!!!! :blink:

Sorry man!!!

The basic troopers t-shirt, Troopers, insignia,Casper ,Wyoming They seem to be everywhere. I have one, and also all of their carrybags, and am not affiliated with the Troopers. Needed bags for travel, and might as well support a corps and carry my gear at the same time...

My favorite T...

Phantom Regiment, 1976...bought it at Whitewater...

Red shirt...three white stripes on sleeves...Phantom Regiment guy riding an elephant with tympani...very cool!

Next favorite...the "plain" SCV shirt I bought the same year...white, red bands on sleeves...SCV "crest" or "shield" or whatever you call it on upper left...

Edited by charphar

The NT Open T-shirt was...white T-shirt with a boy sleeping under the tree with his uniform on dreaming of the first place trophy.

The purpose of the tree being there was that North Tonawanda (NT) was known as "The Lumber City" on the Erie Canal. From NT they could ship lumber through the Great Lakes or east to Albany and NYC. The High School team is known as the Lumberjacks.

The NT Open began when The Royal Coachmen brought in Phantom Regiment in 1973 to our show (Sights and Sounds of '73). All winter long the NT Open Commission worked to bring a national competition to western NY. Santa Clara was scheduled to show but pulled out. It was a decent show, but as drum corps died in western NY so did the NT Open.

My favorite T...

Phantom Regiment, 1976...bought it at Whitewater...

Red shirt...three white stripes on sleeves...Phantom Regiment guy riding an elephant with tympani...very cool!

I remember that one!!!!!!! :)

Here's a few that I washed one day many years ago....I have too many to get in all in one picture. Mind you, my husband has many from the early '80s that have never been worn. He bought one from each of the top 12 from '80-'82.

T-Shirts.jpg

I loved the shirt that the Bluecoats started selling in 1990 "Why Drum Corps is Better than Marching Band". 

Another favorite of mine that I've only seen a buddy wear is a shirt that has a cartoon shot of a girl talking to a guy in a Madison Scout uniform.  She's saying "I though you always said scoring wasn't important."  and he's got the thought balloon saying "I did???"

...that's an 1982 shirt

1987 Cadets t-shirt: Pink, with a silhouette of a guard member in a long skirt in burgundy on the front...

VERY classy.

THIS is an 1982 shirt...please ignore my last post :blink:

From the Raiders "Thrill of Victory and the Agony of RETREAT!"

My original "G" logo shirt from 1982...it no longer fits but I can't let it go.