Uniform Changes

For me it's a toss-up between Phantom Regiments move to khaki a few years back (not really a bad uni but it totally lost the PR identity)

Not a bad uni?! They looked like they were going on a safari!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since Phantom went with the "French Tickler" look with the hemlet plumes, they're just not the same to me.

I love the look of Phantom Regiment's helmets & plumes. They're the best looking headgear in the activity, bar none. They look stately and commanding and also help to increase the uniformity and perceived "height" of the marching members. The pith helmets sans plumes just look ridiculous and hopelessly dated to me.

To me, the most disappointing uniform change was the new ones that the Cadets got last season. They just look like cheap knock-offs of themselves. I know they wanted uniforms that were easier to clean and simpler to put on and take off, but they didn't have to make them look quite so crummy, did they?

• 1 month later...

Personally, when Regiment changed their uniform from Black to Khaki (sp). Best of all time for me would be Regiments first use of the black baldric in 1989 and reintroduced it in 1993 (my age-out). So many memories. Another uniform blunder Regiment made was the early season uniform we had in 1992. It looked like something out of Star Wars. Imagine the entire corps in the mear exact uniform as the Drum Major in 1992 with the pseudo baldric/sash/ thing we had. Thank God Mike Cesario adjusted the uniform to be more of what it was in the past.

Oakland Crusaders, 1980. I can say that, having worn it. :(

What's wrong with skirts, white knee socks and "chinese shoes"??? It's a fashion look for the ages! :lol:

1985 Crossmen.

Hostess Cupcakes anyone??

(Yes, Lee Rudnicki wore this uniform.)

1985-02.jpg

1985-03.jpg

Hostess Cupcakes is RIGHT! Ohmigod, it looks like they got caught in the frosting machine at the Hostess factory!

Who's idea was THAT? :sshh:

Not a bad uni?! They looked like they were going on a safari!!!!

I kinda liked the Khakis. I got the safari vibe too, but wouldn't that have been a thowback to the 1975-86 PR uni? Pith helmet... British military style look... Exploring India or something.