1975 MUCHACHOS

hey boo :lol:

Nice to see you here. I received personal email from this guy telling me.

prc756,

muchachos has sent you this email from http://drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//index.php.

DUDE...YOU DONT KNOW JACK #### ABOUT THE 1975 MUCHACHOS. I WAS IN THE CORPS THEN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE WITHOUT MERRITT, AND SHOWS YOUR IGNORANCE ON THE SUBJECT.

I am not sure about you but when I joined all three corps I marched with over a period of 12 years I was always asked for a birth certificate. I am not sure it was rampant in the activity as alluded to..i.e. marching overage.

I know there were rumours that cropped up at times but for the most part we all knew each other and had for years in the Midwest. I know when I looked into moving from one corps to the other Madison, Kilts and Cavaliers all told me to bring a current Birth Certificate with me to audition.

Of course, we were spat upon and the busses were pelted but hey it is all bygones. To many guys live inthe past and never let it go. It is sad that the positionis rationalized. "Gee offficer...everyone else does it"...i bet that washes withthe IRS , the DEA and ATF too. Rules are rules. It is scary to think that what some may have got out of the drum corps experience is that it is ok to do things because everyone else does it. In that microscopic view of the world you may have missed that there were hundreds of corps doing the right thing.

Big KUDOS to don warren for setting the tone so many years ago and setting the bar high enough that many of us stillowe our successes in life to the lessons in character we learned from our drum corps experiences.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's best that we never know... why risk disproving the myth and ruining the legend? :lol:

Did Babe Ruth call his shot? :(

Did Neil Armstrong mess-up his statement on the moon? :lol:

Did O.J. do it? :lol:

Who really did shoot J.R.?

^0^

Sometrhings are best left unknown. B)

My question is how did you get Ken to send a copy of prelims?

The one he sent me was from I think CYo in Boston. :lol:

• 7 months later...

1gj207_lg.jpg

YO DILL WEED...............NO ONE SAID IT WASNT A PROBLEM....JUST COMMON PLACE.....GET A LIFE LEGEND

Don Peseone also asked Ken Kobold to destroy his recording of us from that year. 

Please explain how it is that I have a copy of the prelims performance, purchased directly from Ken Kobold.

Kobold, evidently, did not follow Pesceone's advice. The 1975 Muchachos recording remains safe and sound in the DCI audio library.