Happy 25th Anniversary!

Uncle Z,  you get a happy meal and a toy for this man!

A happy meal and a toy.... now that's what I call gratitude!! :whistle:

Just make sure it's one of those mini My Little Ponies.. I heard Z likes those..

*heeheehee*

mreowr

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, the crowd was on fire that night,........the only thing louder was the jet flying over the stadium during Spirit's opener.

Thx Z.

I've printed the list and shall go to the DVD this weekend to pick out all of the DCPers.....great work as always uncle z :whistle:

Blue Devil Legend, the crowd was weren't they? The sad part about it for us was that we got such an ovation especially at the end of the drum solo that if you fast forward to 1980 it was barely audible by comparison. Flat and tired we were bucko! :(

We even made arrangements because we had thought the same thing would happen again, we were afraid the backfield would not hear the drum major so we had worked out someone else giving commands in 80. However it really wasn't needed. :(

Oh, and excellent, that 15 minutes! Until Malibu told me the story, I was totally oblivious. It took alot of guts to do that exhibition. But I'm so glad you took that route and didn't sit down on the field!! I don't know if it would have worked out like it had in the 60s. Alot of class.

I'm also thankful that some of the directors took it upon themselves to talk to the corps prior to that exhibition. Legendary in drum corp history as DCI history goes! The whole story I mean and the guts it takes sometime just to make it thru 1 drum corps season!! Like they say "if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger".....

Edited by LancerFi

P.S. uncle z, I believe there were many reasons for showing the guard during so many drum solos. You probably know a few but I believe that one is that back then we weren't worth 30 points, the drum solo was not only a chance for the drumline to shine but for us to as well.

The guards worked very hard to make that solo visual candy. Also, the hornline helped by first using dowels, then using full length flag poles.

I believe because of the Rockford File it became true for that short period in time. But I agree, they should have shown both, maybe the beginning with the drumline, and at the end showing the guard. I know it should all be the drum line.........it was their solo......

P.S. uncle z, I believe there were many reasons for showing the guard during so many drum solos.  You probably know a few but I believe that one is that  back then we weren't worth 30 points, the drum solo was not only a chance for the drumline to shine but for us to as well. 

The guards worked very hard to make that solo visual candy.  Also, the hornline helped by first using dowels, then using full length flag poles.

I believe because of the Rockford File it became true for that short period in time.  But I agree, they should have shown both, maybe the beginning with the drumline, and at the end showing the guard.  I know it should all be the drum line.........it was their solo......

Nancy, uncle z is just pulling your leg. He knows why they show the guard. :P I kidded him once when a high school drumline asked, "Man, did you hear the crowd go apes during our drum solo?!" They had no idea what was taking place behind them in the guard........just like 2-7. I'm sure the crowd would have been "wowed" by the drumline alone....but it was your guard that certainly got the crowd off their feet! :whistle:

Oh, and excellent, that 15 minutes!  Until Malibu told me the story, I was totally oblivious.  It took alot of guts to do that exhibition.  But I'm so glad you took that route and didn't sit down on the field!!  I don't know if it would have worked out like it had in the 60s.  Alot of class.

I'm also thankful that some of the directors took it upon themselves to talk to the corps prior to that exhibition.  Legendary in drum corp history as DCI history goes!  The whole story I mean and the guts it takes sometime just to make it thru 1 drum corps season!!  Like they say "if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger".....

Yes, if it weren't for legendary directors like Bonfiglio, Seawright, Royer to name a few, we would have just packed up and called it quits for the Crossmen organization! The corps was that close to folding that night. What those directors said to us I will never forget! So inspiring to make us forget about what we got, but to remind us why we were there! B)

They had no idea what was taking place behind them in the guard.

That's 'cuz we were always trained to "watch the drum major"!!!!!!!!! :sshh:

Otherwise, we'd have been facing back field 'scoping out the guard!!! :whistle:

(Except when I was in Cavies!!!!!!) :huh:

That's 'cuz we were always trained to "watch the drum major"!!!!!!!!! :sshh:

Otherwise, we'd have been facing back field 'scoping out the guard!!!  :huh:

(Except when I was in Cavies!!!!!!)  :whistle:

uncle z, funny you should say "scoping out the guard" as my maiden name is: SCOPA, and they had much fun with that name....I'll PM you with a few if you'd like, they're rather tame, but I may blush :music: if I tell the DC world so to speak, although they were the ones saying it!

The easiest one is Scopa-ing out the guard or......S-Copa-Cabanna. That song was big then!! :rock::huh: T-shirts were made saying that particular one!! :music:

Edited by LancerFi

I saw that!!!!  Your chiropractor must be a happy guy!!!! :)

OK, where are you when the contras come front during the sop solos in "Nuttville" and do the leg thing??

Oh Hel l I forget, I was on the left side of the field. I was either next to the 50 or the far left of it in that four man group. I was the shortest one. That should do it. b**bs

uncle z, funny you should say "scoping out the guard" as my maiden name is: SCOPA, and they had much fun with that name....I'll PM you with a few if you'd like, they're rather tame, but I may blush :whistle:  if I tell the DC world so to speak, although they were the ones saying it!

The easiest one is Scopa-ing out the guard or......S-Copa-Cabanna.  That song was big then!!  :music:  :huh:  T-shirts were made saying that particular one!!  :huh:

Aaaaah....I was just thinking of that! Too funny! :P