This Will Open Up Trouble

Back in the 80's I was fortunate to contact Ken Kobold to purchase tapes of various corps. He gave me several for free while I was stationed in the Army in Germany. My favorite recordings were of my own corps I marched with in the 1970's. Sadly, Ken passed away a number of years ago and the recordings were given to DCI or DCW who put them in a "vault" somewhere and to never be heard from again. I heard "copyright" laws keep them from selling copies to fans. I know I would love to have recordings of my old corps for my own enjoyment as would probably thousands of drum corps fans around the world.

So, what can we do to make this happen? Bombard DCI with letters and e-mails? Lets get the ball rolling and see if we can't open up the archives to preserve the memory of our activity.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Corps were you in? email me

I was in the '75 Muchachos!!!  Got THAT tape??--'cuz I KNOW Ken Kobold did!!!! :rolleyes:

Yep.. i got it. ^0^

Yep.. i got it.        ^0^

Now, don't you think those of us on DCP that weren't lucky enough to hear that show should be able to????

<==has "Marianne" going through his head at the moment B)

uncle z,

My understanding is that all of Ken's masters were bequeathed to DCI in his will. There may have been some conditions as to releasing them.

Why not inquire about this directly to Dan Acheson?

Getting these released these would be very, very cool.

Perhaps as part of the new "buy a mp3" push that DCI is unveiling soon for all the other years, they can convert the Kobold recording and do the same with those as well.

I have my credit card warmed up. :)

I was in the '75 Muchachos!!!  Got THAT tape??--'cuz I KNOW Ken Kobold did!!!! :rolleyes:

No way!!!! Awesome!!! Now I definately want to get an old school chat going.

Back in the 80's I was fortunate to contact Ken Kobold to purchase tapes of various corps.  He gave me several for free while I was stationed in the Army in Germany.  My favorite recordings were of my own corps I marched with in the 1970's.  Sadly, Ken passed away a number of years ago and the recordings were given to DCI or DCW who put them in a "vault" somewhere and to never be heard from again.  I heard "copyright" laws keep them from selling copies to fans.  I know I would love to have recordings of my old corps for my own enjoyment as would probably thousands of drum corps fans around the world.

So, what can we do to make this happen?  Bombard DCI with letters and e-mails?  Lets get the ball rolling and see if we can't open up the archives to preserve the memory of our activity.

I had heard that they in fact ended up with DCI in a vault and burned.

Yep.. i got it.        ^0^

Please, just contact me via e-mail or IM and you may set your terms.