This Will Open Up Trouble

I had heard that they in fact ended up with DCI in a vault and burned.

You might have that confused with what happened with the Fleetwood (50s/60s) master tapes and DCN (Drum Corp News). DCN had the master tapes stored somewhere in the Boston area and a fire pretty much wiped out the whole inventory of tapes in 1975(?). What made it sadder was that DCN was starting to re-release the old stuff on vinyl (I still have one of those albums). There is now a group actively looking for the original Fleetwood records for cleaning up and re-releasing to CD.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the '75 Muchachos!!!  Got THAT tape??--'cuz I KNOW Ken Kobold did!!!! :rolleyes:

AH HA!! Saw you at the day after DCI 'Clap Show' at Hershey.

The great line up was the reason we went on first in exhibition. No way were we going to follow any of those corps.

Yeah - loved the Contra intro to Marianne. :)

AH HA!! Saw you at the day after DCI 'Clap Show' at Hershey.

Yeah - loved the Contra intro to Marianne.  :)

I'm just kidding about the '75 Muchachos thing, you guys!!!! I don't want to get a beatdown from Blue Devil Legend!!!!! :P I was actually in the '75 Royal Knights :)

Jim, you want to be giving props to Steve Horne member name: ironlung75!!!!

All you need to do is keep on me about it and you may get your wish!!!! :D

Somebody needs to keep on you!

Stef

i have long wondered why DCI will not release them. the best answer i could get was copyright issues.

I'm just kidding about the '75 Muchachos thing, you guys!!!!  I don't want to get a beatdown from Blue Devil Legend!!!!! :P  I was actually in the '75 Royal Knights :)

In that case, I marched for the Cabs in my first year ('74) :P

Actually we came in last place at DCA Prelims that year which was an improvement over being inactive the year before. B)

In that case, I marched for the Cabs in my first year ('74)  :P

Actually we came in last place at DCA Prelims that year which was an improvement over being inactive the year before.  B)

OT:

I just ordered two videos from Charlie and Jackie Haas....they are putting out DVD's now at $15/corps plue $5 shipping. They have two of the years I marched in Garfield, so I ordered 71 and 72 from them. Now if I can 70 someplace...

Mike