This Will Open Up Trouble

You might have that confused with what happened with the Fleetwood (50s/60s) master tapes and DCN (Drum Corp News). DCN had the master tapes stored somewhere in the Boston area and a fire pretty much wiped out the whole inventory of tapes in 1975(?). What made it sadder was that DCN was starting to re-release the old stuff on vinyl (I still have one of those albums). There is now a group actively looking for the original Fleetwood records for cleaning up and re-releasing to CD.

"Fleetwood Returns":

Go to www.FleetwoodSounds.com They are "re-releasing" all their drum corps albums on CD.

Elphaba

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fleetwood Returns":

Go to www.FleetwoodSounds.com  They are "re-releasing" all their drum corps albums on CD.

Elphaba

Thats the one and thanks, I couldn't find the link when I posted.

Will probably be hitting there after I finish converting my DCA vinyl to CD.

OMG uncle z....tell me you didn't see that movie of the person who is in your avator! Unfortunately I saw it on the way down to FL...... :sshh:

Heck yeah, I did!!! Gosh!!! :P

OMG uncle z....tell me you didn't see that movie of the person who is in your avator! Unfortunately I saw it on the way down to FL...... :sshh:

Dude, Pelluca rocks!!!!

Gosshhh.

Edited by Tansea

There's always a couple of guys selling Muchachos cds on eBay.  I have 75 as well tho I don't know if it's the Kobold.

RON HOUSLEY

I know this isn't relavent to the post, but I would officially like to volunteer to be the towel and oil boy for the Fresno Ferns color guard. I believe that my services would be of the utmost help to that fine group of women.

Of COURSE he saw this, quite possibly the stupidest video he EVER saw, GOSH!!! IDIOT!!!!!

:worthy:

Sorry....just had to jump in....

Ken Kobold had some unique recordings. I used to order DCI Prelims recordings from him. I have DCI Prelims performances from Madison 1979, Phantom Regiment 1982, and Santa Clara Vanguard 1982, and Phantom Regiment 1983 Semi-Finals, thanks to him. Unfortunately, they are still on tape, but are not being played to preserve what sound quality is left.

I wish I could remember for sure, but I want to say he recorded the 1982 DCM Championship run-off. Now THAT'S a recording I would like to get.

There's always a couple of guys selling Muchachos cds on eBay. I have 75 as well tho I don't know if it's the Kobold.

Ron,

If you hear the DM say, "better, better!" after concert, then, indeed, the recording you have is of DCI prelims in '75; recorded by Ken Kobold.

Edited by chasgroh