Favorite Street Beat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='charleschuchuta' date='Apr 4 2005, 09:01 PM']VK's Push was a classic 80s staple. Good call. When was the last year they played it, Bill? Did they stop after Savage left after 89, or did it linger a bit into the 90s?
[right][post="1028652"][/post][/right][/quote]

As far as I can remeber, it didn't get played after 89. Float I don't think ever wrote a cadence for the corps. Then again didn't do that many parades either.

VK in 1985 did a cadence that started with the tenors playing the rhythm of this catchy synthesizer tune from the same era...DANG! I can't remember it....I don't know PUSH at all.

And I can't believe no one has mentioned SCV's cool bass drum cadence from the 80's....the one that went boop boo boo boo boop boo boo boop boo boop boo buddlabuddlabuddlabuddlabuddlabuddla bump bump buh duh bumpbumpbump....

VK in 1985 did a cadence that started with the tenors playing the rhythm of this catchy synthesizer tune from the same era...DANG!  I can't remember it....I don't know PUSH at all.

And I can't believe no one has mentioned SCV's cool bass drum cadence from the 80's....the one that went boop boo boo boo boop boo boo boop boo boop boo buddlabuddlabuddlabuddlabuddlabuddla bump bump buh duh bumpbumpbump....

:music::music::music::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::music::music::music: DRUMMERS!! :)

j/k

As for Cavies' "Iowa", we always jokingly called that "Shoes in a Dryer".

That's funny! I guess "Iowa" is probably the most recognizeable street beat both in terms of longevity and popularity. I always liked the one that went: "chugga dugga boom wack diddy dum dum chutta boom diddy doodle de...." :)

VK in 1985 did a cadence that started with the tenors playing the rhythm of this catchy synthesizer tune from the same era...DANG!  I can't remember it....I don't know PUSH at all.

They did that one in the seventies too....you can hear it as we are going off in 75. I believe it was creditied to Cavies though. You would have to ask Gary Seibert.

Hey Mo,

You marched snare in Bayonne in 79??

And how long did you play snare in 27th in 1980. I was the drum sargent and don't remember you being around in the summer!