some old corps photos

Yes it certainly is "the end". :inlove:

Yes, we were always glad to get it "behind us". :wub:

I remember that one....the ONLY time I;ve ever been scared on the field!

heard the announcer do his thing....and it was only THEN -- in spite of the fact that I'd been in uniform for an hour or so -- that I realized "####! I AM in the Blue Devils!!!"

Almost missed the step-off!!

do they even hold that show any more????

Wow! another memory dredged from the recessess of my brain! My first Drum corps show as a performer, evaluation show 1982 with the Freelancers. We didn't even have a complete show by then. I thinked we skipped a good portion of the concert piece (Gengi), reset the form for the drum solo (Tocatta) and went on.

Wow! another memory dredged from the recessess of my brain! My first Drum corps show as a performer, evaluation show 1982 with the Freelancers. We didn't even have a complete show by then. I thinked we skipped a good portion of the concert piece (Gengi), reset the form for the drum solo (Tocatta) and went on.

Nobody had a complete show by then. :inlove:

1981 Crossmen.....Finals Montreal;

1981Crossmen.jpg

1980 Crossmen Staff Members in Disney World;

80Staff.jpg

Ahhh, the Crossmen staff. When I was on staff of the VK in 1983, we had a dandy "little" party with the Crossmen staff in the parking lot of our school in Monterey. The party was a huge hit, and loud enough that it attracted some of Monterey's finest to "join in the festivities". Honestly, they "broke up", rather than "joined in", but hey - a good time was had by all!

:inlove:

Nobody had a complete show by then. :inlove:

Actually, BD did in 84....we stuck the end of the opener onto the end of the show....in fact, up until Modesto (1st show on 2nd tour) that WAS the ending.

I never went out in show without a complete program until SoCal Dream in 04.

....and it was only THEN -- in spite of the fact that I'd been in uniform for an hour or so -- that I realized "####! I AM in the Blue Devils!!!"

That's weird. I had the exact same experience at our 1st show in uniform at Merced College in 1980. I kept seeing the Blue Devil Snare line out of the corner of my eye until it finally registered that I was a part of it. Holy S%&. Needless to say not my best show. Fortunately I calmed down and by the next show and was playing the part of the grizzled old drum corps vet with ease.

I'm told at my first show I was so janked I blew my first four-note timp solo in "Russlan and Ludmilla." I remember nothing about that show other than the applause that greeted the first drill move. After the show, I remember. Rtreat, I remember. The show, no.

Looks to me like Atwater/Gustine - "The Hickdome", in the words of the immortal Mel Stratton. It's been far too long, but we usually had a camp early June out there so the timing would have been right for evals.

Naw, your way ahead of the ime line...if it was '77 it may have been Wilcox High School in SC.