some old corps photos

Linda, your Trooper photo in post # 18559 looks like Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, and was probably taken at the 1966 Dream. I'd bet money on it.

For one thing, I recognize the football field yard markings, as I'm sure many NY-area drum corps folks would also. Also, the drum section looks to be using the silver Slingerland (or Ludwig?) drums with no double tenors or triple toms, so that places it in mid-sixties as well. From what I can tell, they are wearing the belts and buckles over the cumberbunds.

I believe this is a Moe Knox photo, and I think it is in one of my old Drum Corps News issues. Three days later, they won the VFW Nationals in this same stadium. By the way, did you notice the World's Fair / Unisphere flag on the left side of the photo?

1978 program, Blue Stars drum line

Photo might be from 1977, on a rainy day.

78-b-stars2.jpg

Looks like Randy Knox, Jay Pennison and Hal Koshak to me. :)

Linda, your Trooper photo in post # 18559 looks like Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, and was probably taken at the 1966 Dream. I'd bet money on it.

For one thing, I recognize the football field yard markings, as I'm sure many NY-area drum corps folks would also. Also, the drum section looks to be using the silver Slingerland (or Ludwig?) drums with no double tenors or triple toms, so that places it in mid-sixties as well. From what I can tell, they are wearing the belts and buckles over the cumberbunds.

I believe this is a Moe Knox photo, and I think it is in one of my old Drum Corps News issues. Three days later, they won the VFW Nationals in this same stadium. By the way, did you notice the World's Fair / Unisphere flag on the left side of the photo?

Thank you :-) I checked my 1969 and 1970 programs. It says 'Photos courtesy of Moe Knox'.

Racine Kilties 1973

JodeenbookI038.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if you could just click on this photo and hear the music that they would be playing.

Certainly we have the technology for this. Ok, someone figure it out, please.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just click on this photo and hear the music that they would be playing.

I'd bet money that's "Syne" they are playing! The front row of horns on one knee... gotta be the end of Syne!

no need. I can still feel the sound compressing the night air and the hair on the back of my neck and arms raising!

:thumbup: