some old corps photos

When I marched in the Scouts in 1976 we payed a half time for a Packer/Boston game in Boston.

It was a pre-season game in mid-August (a day or 2 before CYO) and was nationally televised.

I remember that game very well. I was working as an orderly in a hospital and I was in the patients room and he had the Packer game on. The camera shot was from the pressbox so it was impossible at first to see who was playing. I didnt recognize the music certainly. Suddenly on the first close angle I realize its Madison and I sat in that patients room and watched the entire show as it was the first time I had seen they had changed it completely. All the while I'm babbling to this 65 year old guy in a hospital bed with a bad prostate or something about drum corps and telling him I was joining the following year. And 3 months later I did! As I recall they got a very nice audience reaction considering it was a football crowd.

Can't compete with the recent Baja photos but here are a couple of the Blue Stars from 78

bluestars.JPG

bluestars2.JPG

After long and intense rehearsals over winter and spring, competition is a good thing :-)

Turbans. And drapes.

"OT".....

Happy Day After Tommy! :grouphug:

"OT".....

Happy Day After Tommy! :grouphug:

Day After? It merges right into St. Paddys Day--been that way for years :blink: I won't get a break 'till Thursday......

bluestars2.JPG

The rifle on the left is Jenny Wagner. The bell player to her left is Wayne Rahl. The tympani player to his right is Rick "Moose" Bastasic. All joined the '78 Blue Stars after the Marquis folded.