some old corps photos

LancerLegend has discussed Duffy Silk so many times. I wanted to have him enjoy some of the pics I took.

I will try to get back to just uniformed people, places, things. I will get these to the 2-7 site soon, but I thought sharing would be alright too.

So top pic is Duffy at rehearsal summer of 1994.

Bottom is my sister Anita with Duffy at the 1994 banquet. They marched together from 11or 12 years old maybe in the Reveries until Anita left for college at the end of the 27s 1970 season. I could figure out the year but just can't think right now)

Thanks for indulging me with this type of photo. :tongue:

Side note: the corps (junior Reveries-I believe mid 60s) was getting ready to leave for a show and I cannot remember what incident happened but George B said the busses would not move until the person owned up to the blunder. Withough hesitation Duffy said it was him, it wasn't, but he always took one for the team. On that day George and my Dad discussed what Duffy was made of and the rest as they say is history. He was hard core. A great leader! :tongue:

ooh, ooh, Michael D is in the background....YEAH!!!!

Duffy94.jpg

Edited by LancerFi

Ike Ianessa has been mentioned many times so I thought I'd post this to put a name to the face. :tongue:

I judged a USSBA band show alongside Ike the fall before he passed away. I had a great time exchanging stories with him!

A sad night for the east, but a wonderful night for the Blue Devils....when I think of their 1980 show all that comes to mind is "La Machine". :tongue:

OK, so, top Diane B. with Overthehilldm directing B-men off the retreat field in Birmingham 1980....

Below, Carol A., Tracy P., Bonnie V., and I also leaving the field.... :tongue::tongue::tongue:

I think I need to photoshop bottom pic eh?

DianeB-men2-780.jpg

OK so, Cliffy White (won I & E Contra 1980) coming out for concert solo.

AND our very great friend John2780 just to the right.....other names will be filled in.

CliffyJohnM.jpg

Cliffy during solo 1980 finals-Birmingham

Cliffysoloduringconcert.jpg

1983 Retreat - Lynn Manning Bowl - Lancer show

1983ManningBowlRetreat.jpg

83 Retreat....last one of 83 for now.... (sorry, correct one now up)

1983ManningBowlRetreat001.jpg

Edited by LancerFi

1975 finals in Philly

Top - dead bird during Crown Imperial, bottom - leaving the field

Philly1975Finals.jpg