some old corps photos

I think that's the first pic of the sit-down I've seen....post more.

Here is one Linda posted of the sit-down not that long ago. (This same photo is also posted way back in the early pages of this thread)

This thread is really, really worth going through from the beginning to the end, for those of you who have not already.

Lots of great history here plus lots of great conversation about that history.

I.C. Reveries mid sixties

1966-15.jpg

:-) posting photos is a bit of work, whew! kinda need a rest...ttyl ;-)

You just know that George and Patsy are sitting at Heaven's kitchen table!

You just know that George and Patsy are sitting at Heaven's kitchen table!

I agree.

You know over the past 45 years I've taken some truly beautiful pictures of many people, but this one and the one of Darlene (their daughter who passed) that I took at the Olympics in 1980 which was/is used in many of her memorials are 2 of the best I can remember. It actually has another person in that pic, but for the purpose it was needed I edited it.

I have a great one of her (Darla) in 1967, she was 8 I was 7, she's with my sister, it's really cute.

This one of the Bs I sent to them and their children, along with a few others that looked like studio photos. This one just seems to capture them, her glammed up and he proud as a peacock. There were so many sides to them, but I most remember my favorite 2 -the "being on tour too long look", or "being red carpet ready". I loved both!

Thanks again Malibu, I'm still trying to upload my new pics from my scanner to photobucket with no luck, but it's only been a day, so I'll get it!! :smile:

Ike Ianessa has been mentioned many times so I thought I'd post this to put a name to the face. :tongue:

Ma, Ike, Me 1994

MaIkeMe1994.jpg

Gary C., Jim B. (Buck), Ralph John at 1994 luncheon prior to finals...I hope LancerLegend sees this one! These 3 are legends to me. :tongue:

Picture below, Denise B. 1994, the true Goddess of the 27th Lancer rifle line......she can, did and does make a line look like one....she IS the reason we looked good, she would except nothing less. :tongue::tongue::tongue::blink::devil::blink::devil::worthy::worthy:

StephenCJimBuckRJ.jpg

OK, one more then to sleep I go...

Patti B., Ma and Paula Scopa, Peggy Twiggs, Denise B., Anne F. (all Reveries & Lancers) 1994

PattyMaPaulaDeniseAnne.jpg

Ike Ianessa has been mentioned many times so I thought I'd post this to put a name to the face. :tongue:

Ma, Ike, Me 1994

MaIkeMe1994.jpg

Nancy,

Smoking ..... in uniform? (things HAVE changed over time.... hehe)

j/k, Great photo! :tongue:

Nancy,

Smoking ..... in uniform? (things HAVE changed over time.... hehe)

j/k, Great photo! :tongue:

Nope, you are very correct and it's embarrasing to have been caught doing it, but I have to tell you had I been able to take just a few drags prior to taking the field of competition I could have alleviated the panic attacks, ulcers, and wishing I could faint when they said "is the corps ready".

I really and truly needed medication - that's how terrified I was for 75% of the performances I did thru my lifetime. Instructors used to say chill, you can do this in your sleep, you've got this. (Yeah, live in my head for one show!) :tongue: That wasn't the point. Dropping equipment is just so friggin obvious and it is a blatant mistake unlike being off key unless it's a solo and although we were a team it sometimes felt to me that we were soloists. If we dropped everyone knew it.

I wouldn't mind a do over, web redemption, whatever, just to have enjoyed the field of competition as much as I enjoyed the practice field.

Also, then males could smoke in uni, females couldn't. However, I don't believe I ever did it in public proper, this was at our hotel, and we were loading the busses for Foxboro for the moment of truth with only our people there, but again that is NO EXCUSE!

If it had been the early 70s I would have been wearing that cigarette on my nose or in my ear. Ike would have made sure of that. He kind of mellowed with age. I'm sure most have heard the stories......he was sometimes very scary to a 12 year old. God Bless Ike. :tongue::tongue: