some old corps photos

We had vistalites in the Scouts the first part of the season in 1976.

The were multi-colored with the "Madison Stripe".

They were scrapped along with the disco show. If I remember we couldn't keep them tuned and they warped in hot sun.

We had vistalites in the Scouts the first part of the season in 1976.

The were multi-colored with the "Madison Stripe".

They were scrapped along with the disco show. If I remember we couldn't keep them tuned and they warped in hot sun.

When we toured Europe the summer of 77, the weather was cool and misty, literally, until we arrived in Italy. We covered the Vistilites with cloth every rehearsal, every night and when we packed them for travel. Tanya marched snare 1970-1977. If she's at our Grey Cup party this weekend, I'll ask if she remembers her drums and if she can write a story :-)

there were a few UK corps using them in the late 70s/early 80s. one I know for sure was the all girl corps Mayflower that used yellow. sorry I have no pictures.

A couple more nuggets to gnaw on...

First one I've heard (read) referenced frequently, second one everyone knows about, and the third simply because I'm in there somewhere on the right. hehe! :tongue:

1970boysof76.jpg

1971cavs.jpg

1975americanos.jpg

there were a few UK corps using them in the late 70s/early 80s. one I know for sure was the all girl corps Mayflower that used yellow. sorry I have no pictures.

I googled Mayflower drum corps UK and came upon this http://www.flickr.com/photos/26622402@N00/...in/photostream/

blue Vistalites ;-)

From 1972-1974 my high school drama teacher subsidized our once a month trip to downtown theatres. One of many live performces was Gypsy with Angela Lansbury. 2 of many playbill pages I kept all these years, music that drum corps did, music that drum corps didn't do. I've rescanned a few photos for later posts. In the interim, I hope the above link is familiar to you.

70s-playbill-b.jpg........71-playbill-a.jpg

Edited by lindap

I found one pic of the Muchachos playing Vistalites, but I cannot link i here for some reason.

Edited by ADrumCorpsNut