some old corps photos

cavies-4.JPG

Oooh, Big Red! :blink:

That was Don when he was a starving teenager from Madison, WI, obviously. :P But I ain't talkin' smack...cuz I may have put on a few pounds since then as well... Ha!

HA! Haven't we all!!! :sshh:

Uhm...I'm gettin' kinda bummed out with all the 'deceased' references fellow older guys/gals...

Don and I were talking about that too last night. It is very sad. :(

Stardusters Pompton Lakes,NJ 1969

StardustersPomptonLakesNJ1969.jpg

Yup...lots of pink..the sequinned vest was all pink, as was their other trim. Shorts were, I think, whilte.

To survive later on they added guys, who wore white dress shirts...no pink! I think they wore black shorts.

They were pretty young kids for the most part, and by the 70's were a parade corps made up of 12-13 year olds, and some younger.

Oldest known photo of the original Chicago Cavaliers, when they were still a Logan Square Boy Scout troop, taken about 1946.

I've posted a first round of photo excerpts from my book about the Cavaliers and drum corps history before and after DCI in my blog at www.myspace.com/coltfoutz. Check 'em out there; I'll be posting more in the weeks leading up to the release.

103.jpg

Cool. LOL

Parachute travelled from north to south and east to west

The people of this forum are absolutely the best.

Hello from Canada, from Ontario, now Alberta.

Say hi to Wendy from Mo, Jo, Nicky, Claire and me.

Unless my guess is wrong as to where the parachute is? Hmmm.

No Linda your guess is spot on as to where Seneca's parachute is.

The chute is out of the bag and has made a few interesting appearances....

one being the Hollywood Halloween costume festival (2x) and for other

assorted purposes previously mentioned on this forum!!

Great to see you on here. You are certainly a Canadian drum corps icon.

Great to see you on here.

Likewise you. I hear good things about you. I have been blessed to have worked for and with so many drum corps people either directly or indirectly on both sides of the border, Canada and the United States. I have been so fortunate to visit Europe and have a wonderful drum corps experience there. Sorry I missed Anaheim perform in Pasadena; I had family and friend stuff. I need to get my passport. It's time I see a contest again. Take care, dear lady.

Editted or as I call 'an aside', accolades to the people who post such memorable photos on this forum, they should be commended for their work and dedication to that which is Historical Junior Corps Discussions. Bravo to you all.

Edited by lindap

Oldest known photo of the original Chicago Cavaliers, when they were still a Logan Square Boy Scout troop, taken about 1946.

I've posted a first round of photo excerpts from my book about the Cavaliers and drum corps history before and after DCI in my blog at www.myspace.com/coltfoutz. Check 'em out there; I'll be posting more in the weeks leading up to the release.

103.jpg

I wonder if that bass drum has been "decorated?" B)