some old corps photos

Confirmed - DCI prelims Ithaca 1974 :(

Yes, the beautiful Cayuga Lake valley in the background!

Bettie Page marched in drum corps???!!!

Suweeeeeettttttt!!!!!!

Betty was a member of the Old Dominion Dominatrices. She was a contrabass because she had big lungs.

Betty was a member of the Old Dominion Dominatrices. She was a contrabass because she had big lungs.

Oh tell me they have an open Alumni Corps...tell me it's true! B)

Mike, you're killin' me!

They do. How could you march their alumni corps? Is there a secret about yourself you're not telling us?

I believe that is a picture of Garfield's drum major Richard Chirchella (sp?). I remember reading that he was accidentally killed will playing in a pickup football game with members of the corps in the fall between 1971 and 1972.

Just browsing around and saw the 71 Shriners program....

Yes, that is Richie. He broke his leg in a pickup football game between us and the Muchachos after the season ended. All seemed well for a few weeks...he was in a cast and hobbled around on crutches. He threw a blood clot and died instantly. One of the nicest and classiest people you would ever want to know. He was a Math Ed major at Montclair State College here in NJ...a senior...while I was a freshman Music Ed major at the same school.

He was laid out in his DM uniform, with shako, gloves, and baton (one of the earlier users of a conductor's baton) arranged nearby.

The entire corps entered the room and sang the "Holy Name Song" one last time to Richie...there wasn't a dry eye in the room.

Do you have the Garfield page??? Just curious...

:)

The Alhambra page was advertising for the show inside the Shriner's program. I was marching with Scarborough Firefighters at that show in 1971. When I march no programs but as an audience member, I sometimes got a program. Sorry, no Alhambra program. :( Might be something on De La Salle Oakland Crusaders site. http://www.delasalle-drumcorps.com/index.php